16. Hasu flower seeds

"Kei!!" Natsuki proceeds to yell out his name as she walks around the shrine.

Meanwhile, Taehyung is supposed to check inside the altar room where the priest is.

"Yukio, did you find them?" she goes to find him inside, speaking in a low voice not to disturb the priest.

When she is about to enter the altar room, Taehyung comes out while putting a finger on his lips, indicating her to stay quiet.

"Shh! Tannie and Kei are inside." he said in a whisper-like voice and dragged Natsuki back outside, holding onto her forearm.

"What- but why are you taking me outside then?" she complains in a small voice, getting dragged away by Taehyung.

Taehyung takes her behind the shrine and leaves her arm, finally.

"They are not fighting for the first time and silently sitting around in the shrine where the priest is. I went to check on them and the priest told me to leave them there for a while." Taehyung explains what happened in brief.

"That's... strange, but, okay," Natsuki believes what he is saying and shrugs, "so, what do we do now?" she asks.

"He gave me a task to complete while we're here. I thought we could help him a bit so I agreed." he says and pulls out a small package of something from his pocket.

"What is it?" Natsuki asks.

"Lotus seeds!" Taehyung says and looks down at the almost dried pond.

"Ohh!! So, we have to plant some Lotus seeds?" she understands without him explaining anything.

Shrines often have this type of ponds around the shrine grounds where they plant Lotus flowers and it's pretty common so, she knew right away.

"Yes, but I don't really know so much about this, do you?" he asks her as he takes out a single seed of lotus, observing it. It's blackish brown in colour and similar to the size of a tiny acorn.

"And you think I would know?" Natsuki chuckles.

"I mean... you must know better than me, at least..." he concludes.

"You're not wrong, I'm just teasing you." Natsuki winks at him, however, she soon gets embarrassed for behaving childishly and clears her throat, moving away from him.

She takes the lotus seeds from him and inspects the area. The pond needs water; so much of it.

"Did he tell you from where we can get the water?" she asks Taehyung who is just standing like a stick.

"Um, no, he didn't say anything about it." he says.

"Then, I guess we can just use the water tap. It's down there, on the right side of the shrine, there should be a water pipe too, can you find it for me?" Taehyung nods obediently and takes off to find the water pipe while Natsuki filters out the bad seeds which are not hard enough from the bunch of seeds she has in the packet.

"Is this it?" Taehyung comes back with a long water pipe in his hand as he begins to unravel it, looking like an innocent kid.

"How old are you? Five?" Natsuki helps him in unravelling the pipe and then he goes back to turn the tap on.

"It's not easy to do it alone." he unconsciously pouts, feeling like he is getting teased by Natsuki.

"You pour the water in all the parts of the pond and then we will plant the seeds." she instructs when he comes back.

"Aren't we suppose to soak them in warm water first?" Taehyung asks her even if he isn't sure himself.

"Um.. I don't know. Maybe it's not necessary." she just shrugs.