25. Cat guy

"Is that true?" Natsuki pestered him, almost clinging onto the sleeve of his shirt, "Fumiya-kun?!"

"Of course it is true," he turned his head towards her, an exasperated yet gentle sigh leaving his lips.

"It's not that I don't believe you, Fumiya-kun." she quickly changed her tone of voice to a sweeter one sensing the irritation in Fumiya's voice, she smiled once again, "I'm just happy."

"Yeah, yeah, your best friend is coming to visit you after all!" Fumiya was so close to roll his eyes but he suppressed the urge.

"Best friend?" Taehyung couldn't help but chime in. He had been too curious to stay put now.

"Oh, do you remember the cat guy we talked about before? Apparently, he is coming back for a visit soon." Fumiya answered, partly saving Taehyung from his curiosity but, he was still not perfectly satisfied with the answer.

"Fumiya-kun? Are you.... jealous?" Natsuki lowered her eyes, squinting at him.

"Why jealous?" Taehyung exclaimed, his heart doing a funny, unusual thump.

"Because he is my best friend now, and if Yoongi comes back, he is afraid that his place and attention will be snatched away from him," then she turned to Fumiya, "right, Fumiya-kun?" her eyebrows wiggled with mischief.

"What?" Fumiya scoffed, acting cool, "as if I have anything to be afraid of!" he stretched his tongue out at Natsuki, showing her how he didn't care.

"We will see that!" Natsuki giggled, scurrying away towards Taehyung who had been observing their conversation.

"Yukio, do you want to go somewhere with me this weekend?" she suddenly asked, looking up at him, her chin high in the air as she adorned her usual smile on her face.

How could have Taehyung refused such face? So, he agreed. He had nothing else to do anyways. It was the weekend and there were no upcoming exams in near future, that's why he could relax.

Fumiya was watching them all this time, thinking about something as he looked at Natsuki who talked on and on about the most random thing and Taehyung still listened with interest.

"Yukio-kun!!" Natsuki was in the middle of saying something random when Fumiya yelled out, instantly dragging Taehyung away from her. Taehyung was startled yet didn't flinch but Natsuki was the one who gasped.

As soon as she realised what was going on, she clasped Taehyung's other hand, refusing to let go.

"Where are you taking him?" she questioned, putting all her strength in pulling him back.

"Oh gosh! Suki-chan, let him go, I need to talk to him about something." Fumiya refused to back down as well, standing his ground.

"Why? What is so important? And why can't you talk in front of me?" she bombarded him with questions.

"Because it is... it is-" he failed to find words in time and his grip loosened.

"What is it, huh? Now you are so jealous, you're thinking about stealing Yukio from me?"

Silence. Dead silence fell upon them as soon as the words slipped off her tongue.

"I mean-"

But Fumiya didn't listen and continued to drag Taehyung towards the classroom door. Since Natsuki held no chance against Fumiya's strength, she got dragged too.

"Where are you going so suddenly?" she whined, shaking her head in the process.

"To the washroom," Fumiya stopped pulling him and turned around, "do you want to come?" his expressions were serious as he knew Natsuki will not be able to protest anymore.