10. Blue Yukata

"The school is re-opening soon." Haruki shouts with all his might, facing the ocean.

"I'm not ready yet." Jimin shouts with him.

"I really thought we could enjoy more. Why did they suddenly changed the vacation schedule?" Taehyung asks, not familiar with how it all works.

"Well, we're now high school seniors so we have to prepare for the entrance exam." Natsuki sighs, kicking the sand out of her way.

The sea shore is their all time favourite spot for hang outs in summer. While fumiya has gone to buy some popsicles for them, natsuki, jimin, haruki and taehyung chat about random things.

"Do you think I can finish my bucket list before school starts?" Jimin asks Haruki who is busy picking on- playing with -little crabs with a small wooden stick and doesn't pay attention to what jimin is saying.

"Hey, haru, don't bother them. Look how tiny they are!" Jimin stops him as he snatches the stick and makes a run, away from everyone.

"Hey, hey! Come back!" Haruki starts chasing him as jimin starts giggling. At least, he is having fun.

"I'm back!" Fumiya approaches them as he runs with a polythene bag in his hand.

Jimin and Haruki both stop running and gather around for the popsicles.

"I want the watermelon one!!" Haruki says, raising his hand up in the air.

"Hey, no! I brought it for suki-chan! She loves it." Fumiya hides the watermelon flavoured popsicle from him when he tries to take it and sneakily gives it to natsuki.

"Thank you, fumiya-kun! You're the best!" She throws a funny wink at fumiya who laughs when Haruki pouts in disappointment.

"You all are so bad." He mutters but gets ignored brutally.

"Um, do you have strawberry flavour?" Taehyung asks as he interrupts their laughter.

"Oh, yes! Here you go." He hands taehyung the red wrapper.

"Oh, do you like strawberry too?" Natsuki asks him as she tears the wrapper, throwing it back in the polythene bag.

"It's my favourite." Taehyung smiles, nodding his head.

"I like it too, but in summer, watermelon is the best refresher!" She says, taking a bite and then hissing as it was too cold for her teeth.

Taehyung laughs at her. "Eat slowly." He says, taking a small bite as well, savoring the sweet yet a little sour taste inside his mouth.

"Ahem! Are we ready to go yet?" Fumiya clears his throat, looking at natsuki and taehyung.

"You guys keep forgetting that I exist. It's sad. After fumiya, now you two are going to ignore me too?" Haruki butts in.

"Hey, hey! We're not ignoring you or anyone." Natsuki protests against his accusations. 

"Yes, they're just chatting!" Jimin says as he skips forward, draping a hand around taehyung. "Let's go! We have to get ready for the festival too!" He starts walking and drags taehyung with him too.

Natsuki rushes to follow them as fumiya and haruki bicker while walking behind them.

•~•~•

"Mom! Do you know how to wear a yukata?" Taehyung asks as he trails behind his mom who is collecting the dry clothes from the backyard.

"A yukata? Um, sorry. We have bought some yukatas and kimonos but never had the chance to wear it so, I don't know." She says and puts the last cloth in the basket before turning around to face him.