Wattpad Original
There are 13 more free parts

Chapter 121

The elevator doors slid shut and we began to glide upwards with Brass Pocket playing softly in the background

The elevator doors slid shut and we began to glide upwards with Brass Pocket playing softly in the background. Tabitha and I stood across from each other in the small confined space, leaning against the mirrored walls, staring silently at one another.

We'd walked through the staff corridors from the Monarch Tower's nightclub and entered the glamorous hotel to find the closest elevator to take us to the private rooftop bar. All the while as I'd strolled by Tabitha's side, wonderment rushed through my blood, and a thousand different thoughts were tumbling through my mind, but one pounded loud and true.

I was in love with Tabitha Catt.

Ruthlessly. Irrevocably. Tragically in love with her.

Tabitha was loose-limbed with a sultry air about her. The elevator's overhead lighting flickered off the black sequined clutch she held at her middle, and one of her long legs was bent slightly, the toe of her high heels poised on the floor. The graceful column of her neck arched as she tipped her head back further to rest it against the mirrored wall, staring at me beneath lowered thick eyelashes.

A wayward hank of buttery hair had fallen across an eye and I wanted to walk over and push it aside, to sift my hands through all that gold, angle her head and silently show her what was in my heart with a kiss alone.

Fine lines feathered from the corner of her eyes as she narrowed them. "Are you okay?"

I blinked, my body stiffening. Awareness slowly filtered through that I must look spaced out, possibly stupid-goofy, with the sudden knowledge I'd given her my heart.

My fingers balled at my sides.

Don't tell her, you fool!

I couldn't. This was all happening so fast. Tabitha wouldn't feel the same way, not so soon after we'd finally gotten together. I'd scare her if I declared my feelings. She'd think I'd gone completely stalker-crazy and bolt the other way.

Hitching a shoulder casually, I shoved one of my hands into the pocket of my pants. "You look..."—I'm in love with you, you gorgeous woman—"...beautiful."

Tabitha was still shy over compliments. Her cheeks bloomed a deep rose and her gaze flitted to the floor between us. She fidgeted with her clutch as a pleased feeling she tried to hide washed over her features, and its loveliness had my heartbeat skipping.

The elevator came to a slow shuddering stop and the doors opened with a whoosh to a foyer with a black and white chequered floor, smooth, polished surfaces, and artwork with geometric touches.

Tabitha pushed off from the wall and took a leggy stride forward. She glanced up as she swung around, shooting me a wholly cocky look. "You're not so bad looking yourself." On her scarlet lips was the same cheeky grin she'd given me when she was on her knees in the VIP's bathroom before leaning forward, her hands braced against my pelvis to suck me off.