Wattpad Original
There are 106 more free parts

Chapter 28

My heart jackhammered in my chest as I gaped at Mr

My heart jackhammered in my chest as I gaped at Mr. Whiskers, trying to make sense of the words that had spilled from his mouth. He angled his head, raising one dark eyebrow, daring me to answer. In his mind, I realized, this wasn't a statement. It was a question, to which he actually wanted a reply. I. Want. To. Fuck. You.

"Hmmm...I...uh..." The words croaked from my dry mouth. His heated gaze dipped to my mouth as my tongue darted out to nervously wet my bottom lip. Fire burned in his eyes and his fingers flexed minutely around the nape of my neck in response, sending a thrill rippling down my spine. I blew out a breath that teased the locks of hair around my face and squinted up at him. "Excuse me?"

His gaze snapped to mine. "You heard me. I want to—"

I slapped my hand across his mouth. I wasn't sure if I would survive hearing those words again, rumbled in his rough, dark voice. I was hot and flustered and was barely thinking straight. Touching him might have been the wrong thing to do. His beard felt strangely soft yet prickly, his lips and breath hot against my sensitive palm, and it sent a crackling bolt of pure lust right down to my sex. I bit back the moan as my inner walls clenched on nothing, my panties dampening between my thighs.

Holy hells-gate...oh my gods...

I covertly rubbed my thighs together to extinguish the flames, but it was seemingly impossible to completely erase the desire throbbing between my legs.

His brows slanted over eyes that seemed now to be gleaming wolf-bright above the ghost of a smile I felt brushing against my palm as if he knew what his presence and touch were doing to me.

I rapidly blinked away the shock of his proposal, offer—whatever the heck it was—and my muddled, lust-drunk senses, trying to pull myself together. I cleared my throat and shook my head as if I were sweeping cobwebs from the corners of my mind. I shot him a suspicious glance.

Was he laughing at me?

Taunting me?

Was this how he approached every woman he wanted?

Maybe he was playing some sort of sick, twisted joke with me.

Did he think that we were just going to strip our clothes off here in the kitchen cool room and just do it? Do it against the wall? My first time...

I haven't even been kissed before.

I frowned up at him, my hand still splayed across his mouth. "Is this some kind of joke? Are you making fun of me? Does that line actually work on the girls you use it on?"

He huffed a broken, rusty laugh—a caress against my palm. I dropped my hand away, fast, flexing my fingers to release the overwhelming electrical sensation. The wall behind me was cold, a chilling contradiction to his body pressed against mine, hot as a fire raging in a hearth.