Wattpad Original
There are 104 more free parts

Chapter 30

Tabitha stood before me, statuesque in the modest attire I was dying to get my hands on and peel away from her body

Tabitha stood before me, statuesque in the modest attire I was dying to get my hands on and peel away from her body. She was a mixture of confidence and nerves, at war with one another. One hand was wrapped around the step ladder while the other anxiously rubbed her thigh. A faint scent of roses—real, not a fake splash of perfume—drifted from her. Despite the ugly little dress and boring navy shoes, my cock was stone-hard for this girl. And all that primness, all it did was make me fucking hard-er.

She'd completely stunned me when she'd driven her knee into Toolface, sending him backward, sprawling and wailing. After the condescending puffy-lipped jerk called her the Uptight Spinster, a nickname she was obviously known as, he deserved to have his nose broken. No wonder she'd bristled when I'd called her uptight last night and had dropped that heavy as fuck metal bucket on my foot.

Tabby cat suited her far better. She was all claws and fangs, and I did, I really fucking did want her to try to sink them into me. She was a fight I wanted to win and lose all at the same time. I was going to ruin her and have fun while doing it. I was going to break her apart and reforge her into what I needed her to be.

The light above us fizzed softly, and the only other sound came from the whirring fan of the cooling system. And my heartbeat pounded in my ears in a slow melodious beat.

Tabitha pushed back her shoulders. Her eyes fluttered shut, and the golden curve of her lashes dusted her skin. She drew in a deep, fortifying breath, and I wondered what the hells she was up to, ordering me up against the wall.

The wall against which she'd orgasmed.

I had breathed and sucked and licked and nipped at her ear and she'd fucking come.

The moans she'd tried to stifle by biting her bottom lip, the garbled ohmygods, her body trembling in my arms as she'd come apart were intoxicating, and I hungered to experience them for myself. I wanted to pin her to silken sheets and have her legs wrapped around my back while she moaned my name, unraveling beneath me.

Tabitha snapped open her eyes and fixed a look of determination on me that crackled through my veins like electricity, stumbling my heartbeat. I straightened my spine, adjusting my stance as she picked up the ladder and walked the last couple of steps my way. I had no idea what she was doing with the ladder, maybe to get something from a high shelf, who the hells knew. And time slowed right down as I drank her in like parched earth desperate for a drop of rain. She stood flush with me, staring upward, meeting my gaze with the kind of smile that only made her natural beauty more obvious. She looked like she belonged elsewhere, with her hair of sunshine cascading down her chest, the golden complexion in a heart-shaped face and freckles sprinkled over her nose, and that smile that wasn't calculating, simply real and genuine. She looked like how it felt to lounge on long, soft grass in the heat of summer, surrounded by an untamed forest and rambling roses and the sound of crickets, with the pungent smell of earth. She both looked and felt wild and free.