2 | Mixed Feelings

The Estate

It's the following day at noon and Zac is in his study at the house when he hears a knock on the door followed by a handsome 6'2 chocolate man walking in.

"There's other things to do in life than sit in your study and bury yourself in work, boy," his cousin, Kazim, who has also been his best friend since they were kids spoke as he threw a tennis ball at him before sitting on the chair opposite Zac.

Zac lifted his head from his computer and immediately caught the tennis ball, "Well I'm not interested in those other things, all I want is to be a good son and be the best I can ever be Pops," Zac said and they burst into laughter, making fun of their Grandfather.

"The old man would shoot us one of these days, he's always insisting that we spend less time working and shit and the moment we doing what he says he's on our necks," Kazim joked.

"Well you already know the trick, once he brings all that advice, let him know you're not interested and only want to do what's best, which is workkkk," Zac said.

"Speaking of tricks, how did your date with Fatima go last night? Finally visited her downtown? Is she juicy? Creamy? Slippery? Moist? All of the above?"

Zac was shocked that he remembered her name because Kazim was never good with names, "Wait how do you remember her name, you haven't even met her?"

"Common, with the way you mention her name, I hear it in my sleep, plus she's a great lawyer so... just tell me the story I'm interested in hearing."

"Well, there isn't any story, neither did I visit her downtown. We just had dinner and that was all."

Kazim snickered, "Listen, you aren't a girl that I should have to play with words to get information from and since when did we start keeping secrets from each other? Aha! So she's so good you don't wanna share."

Zac threw the tennis ball at him, "Don't speak about Fatima like that..."

Kazim caught the ball before interrupting him, "Oh I see where this is going, is she replacing her? Cause that would mean her downtown dope as fuck."

"That's it! You've said enough. Why don't we put that brain of yours to better use," Zac turned the computer so it was facing Kazim, "We've got a lead on the company trying to sabotage the construction company, I need every information on this man, I need to know what he's up to, he's Bryan Williams, owner of WilB Co Constructions."

"Since you want to be like that, Yes Boss. On it," Kazim said as he stood up leaving.

Zac shook his head, "Kaz!" he called out knowing how petty Kazim can be.

"Nope! I'm putting my brain to better use!" Kazim said just before he walked out of the study.

Zachary Taylor comes from generational wealth, The Taylor family has always been known and well-respected for their numerous businesses all around the world. They are one of the doers and sayers in the country. His grandfather was and is a godfather, hence the family's influential and powerful status. His father was the leader of a top-secret organization of all the top gangs in the country until he retired to a private island with his wife, leaving Zac in full control.
Right now, Zac is the acting leader until his father's retirement process is completed and he gets married according to the requirements of being the head.
Regardless of the several family businesses he had to handle, Zac always had a passion for construction and real estate, so he founded his own construction and real estate company. His family was proud of him for making something of his own even though they were against him branching out in the beginning. They obviously didn't have a choice because Zac gave them an ultimatum, the only way he'd also take over the dirty side of the family business was if he could start up his own company.