10 | Masked Pain - Don't Leave Me

Wednesday - 01:15 pm
The Estate

Wednesday - 01:15 pmThe Estate

Zac's father, Mr. Theo, arrived in the city early for a meeting with a long-time friend and later visited the estate. While waiting at Zac's mansion, he received a message from Zac explaining that his meeting was running later than expected, and Zac wouldn't be able to meet with him before he had to leave. 

Theo was on his way to the estate hangar where the private jet awaited him when he spotted Mama Faye taking a stroll. Faye lived in the estate as well, with her committed service to the Taylor family, she earned her spot at the estate and her house was the closest one to Zac's. Theo promptly instructed his driver to stop the car.

"Faye," Theo called out as he stepped away from the car

"Mr Theo, I didn't know you came by," Faye greeted.

"Aubrey isn't here, please drop the formalities," Theo said and they chuckled. "I came by to see Zac but his meeting is lasting longer than expected, so I'll just see him when next I come."

"Okay," Faye said, she looked at him with concern, "Zac told me about the meeting at the island. Are you okay?"

Theo breathed out sharply, "Faye, you know that I only mean well for my son. I know he loves construction but he isn't going about it the right way. Despite being twenty-seven, I still see him as my little boy, and I feel the need to protect him, even if it means safeguarding him from my own family."

"Theo..." Faye called out with pity for him. She knew how strongly misunderstood Theo was, especially when he tried too much to keep Zac on the right track.

"Faye, it looks like it's just about construction right now but it's deeper than that, if he goes ahead with it without making sure WilB Construction is in approval, it could lead to trouble because construction is the only thing they have. Can you please make him understand? I'm not against his decision; I just want him to approach it the right way. I don't want Zac making enemies for himself like my father and I did, I want him to keep a clean and safe path."

"I understand you, Theo. However, Zac tends to believe he is in the right, especially when he has the support of his Grandfather."

"I know that and that's why I'm relying on you. You know he'll always listen to you. His mother is just a 'yes' person to my father so I don't trust her to make things right. They always think it's just about power. I'm sure that's why they're so supportive of whatever Zac and Connie have going on. They have her on their team and I don't want my son ending up with that woman. Faye, I don't want my son marrying a woman like that, I know how situations like that pan out."