13 | Sprouted Seed

A Week Later

Friday - 3:30 pm
The Taylor's - Zac's Office

Tension thickened as Zac's stern gaze silenced the room. He sat in the conference room with the project manager for the Marex project, the General manager and the department manager of his construction firm. Zac showed them the construction plan for the Marex project earlier in the morning before they took the trip to Marex for the presentation. However, he couldn't understand how the blueprints got leaked just a few hours before the meeting started, especially since none of them had a copy because he only showed it to them.

"Can someone start talking? Because how the heck did they get the exact plan as ours?" Zac demanded.

Once they landed in Marex, they headed to the government conference building where the presentation was being held.

As the presentation commenced, the chairman of construction for that city suggested that WilB Co Constructions present their construction plan first. To Zac's disbelief, as the slides were unveiled, it became apparent that it was the exact file he had created, with only a few colours changed. His frustration intensified with each slide presented.

When Bryan's company finished their presentation, it was Zac's turn, but his team was still reeling from the shock. Ultimately, Zac's company lost the contract. On their way out of the building, Bryan gave Zac a devilish grin and Zac was a minute from squeezing the life out of him.

"Mr. Taylor, that is completely confusing to us, we barely knew what the blueprints looked like until this morning and those people had the soft file, it must have been sent to them, as it's impossible that one of us memorized and reproduced such intricate details in less than two hours." The general manager carefully responded.

"You all understand that we just lost our first big contract, right? I hope that tells you what you need to know. You're all dismissed." Zac announced and they all dispersed immediately.

Zac's attention was drawn to the sound of his phone ringing. He checked the caller, noticing it was from his grandfather. He picked up the glass of Hennessy that he had been drinking and angrily launched it against the wall. "Fuckkkkk," he screamed, as he ran his palm over his smooth fade.

Zac was always a step ahead; that's one quality he was admired for. One thing he feared the most was failure, the fear of not being capable. A part of it stemmed from his childhood, with how his mother always made him feel like he was not enough, and his grandfather always made it clear to him that failure was never an option. At this moment, his ego was bruised, especially because it was his decision, against his family (well except his grandfather), to start up his own construction company. ZacT Construction wasn't just a business to Zac, but it was his strength, his dream come true, his baby and his pride. Seeing that he lost his first project, to which he had devoted so much effort, broke him in more ways than one.

Usually, whenever he was in this mood, he would take a girl or two to his sex room and fix his ego, but now he couldn't do that because he had Fatima. He also couldn't bring himself to treat Fatima as recklessly as he did with the other girls in the sex room. As much as he wanted to be in her arms, right now he felt small and less than a man, considering himself a failure. The last person he wanted to see him like that was Fatima.

He felt like going to his favourite penthouse, taking a cold shower, and shutting everyone out, but he remembered he had transferred the ownership to Connie. So, he ended up going to the estate. 

Club Xcapade - 4:00 pm
Madam's Office

"You should have seen his face, I could see his veins bulging on his forehead," Bryan spoke and began to laugh so hard.