3 | That's How You Feel?

Thursday Evening

A week has passed and Zac and Fatima have been on the phone often, texting and calling each other every day. Enjoying getting to know each other more, and flirting a lot in their conversations. They spoke about their favourite everything, what they loved doing, she's told Zac about her work and even gossiped about some of her co-workers with him and so has he. Some nights they'd just be silent on the phone listening to each other's breathing. Even through the phone, their emotional connection was evident and sexual tension was extremely high.

It has been all sweet and bubbly until now, Zac has been missing in action for almost three days and Fatima has been worried considering he hasn't replied to any of her messages in two days.

Fatima got back from work hours ago, she's in the living room watching her favourite show while eating ice cream and some snacks. Every time she got a message notification, her heart skipped and she'd hurriedly pick up the phone thinking it was Zac but each time it wasn't and that pissed her off, so she decided to set a different notification tone for him like she does for every special person to her.

Her focus is completely taken away from the TV when she hears the notification sound she's been waiting for, which lets her know Zac finally responded. She quickly opens her phone to see what excuse he has for ignoring her.

Zachary

Baby girl T, I'm so sorry for not texting
until now. How have you been? {7:26 pm}

Please 🙏🏾🙏🏾 I'd make it up to you! {7:27 pm}

Please say something, I see you've
read my messages. {7:36 pm}

I miss you so much! {7:38 pm}

I see!!!!! took you long enough
to resurface back to earth. {7:40 pm}

T, please don't be like that. I'm sorry. {7:40 pm}

What are you sorry for Mr. Taylor?
{7:41 pm}

Fatima called Zac mistakenly but he declined the call and sent her a message instead. That got her really upset.

Please can we text instead? {7:42 pm}

I called mistakenly anyway so forget about it.
keep having a good time. {7:42 pm}

A good time? {7:43 pm}

Fatima didn't respond to Zac's last message and he suspected that she wasn't going to, so he decided to give her a call and she declined. He continued calling until she answered.

Her temper sparked, she couldn't help but think he was playing with her at this point, "What is it, Zac?" Fatima spoke into the phone with irritation which faded quickly once she heard Zac's voice hoarse and strained. He sounded sick and could barely finish a sentence without clearing his throat.
She instantly began to feel bad, "Zachary, what's wrong?"

"T, I'm just not feeling too well, that's why I wanted us to text, not because I didn't want to talk to you." Zac paused clearing his throat before he continued, "I really do miss you Baby girl T."

"I miss you too Zac, I wish I could be there for you."

"I'd love that too, but I don't want you to see me like this."