11. Culinary Clash!!

Previously

Timeskip to the next morning.....

Y/n P.O.V

I woke up when sunlight was falling on my face.

Then I went downstairs..........

???: Good morning sweetie pie!!

Y/n: Good Morning Dad!!

Now

Yes, we came directly to their house with our belongings after Mom's wedding was over!! (Today is Thursday)

 Dad: Sit down with your brothers I will go and see if the breakfast is ready!!

Dad then went away from there!

Jin: Good morning Y/n (fake smiles)

Y/n: I can see that it is a fake smile!! If you don't wanna do it then don't!! Nobody is forcing you!!

Jimin: Why you gotta act in the morning?

Y/n: Whatever!! 

Then Dad comes in the living room.

Dad: Everyone come get ya breakfast in the food battle room!! (grand, mighty voice)

Dad then left the room *again*

Y/n: huh? What is this (air quoting) food battle room

Yoongi: It means dining room!!

Jungkook: Like bruh!! Its obvious!!

Y/n: I am new to this okay!! That's Why I didn't know!!

Hoseok: Let's just go guys!!

Dad's enthusiasm for breakfast was contagious, and the eight siblings followed his lead to the dining room. As they entered, they were greeted by a sight that took them by surprise.

The dining room had been transformed overnight into a colorful and vibrant space. The table was adorned with a beautiful array of dishes, all carefully prepared and laid out as if they were on display in a culinary art gallery. The room was decorated with streamers and balloons in various shades, giving it a festive feel.

Jungkook: (astonished) Wow, Dad went all out this time!

Jimin: (grinning) I guess the "food battle room" is a special breakfast treat!

Y/n: (impressed) I have to admit, this looks amazing.

Namjoon: (smirking) I guess we underestimated Dad's breakfast game.

As they took their seats, Dad and Mom appeared once again, this time dressed in a chef's apron and a tall chef's hat.

Dad: (beaming) Welcome, my dear family, to the first-ever Culinary Clash! Today, we have an assortment of delectable dishes prepared with love and care by me Mr. Kim, and her (points at Mom) Mrs. Kim. Each one of you will get to be the judge and decide who the breakfast champion is! Me or your Mom?!

Hoseok: (playfully) So, it's a competition now, Dad?

Dad: (nodding) Indeed, Hoseok! I thought it would be fun to have a little friendly competition. Now, let the food battle begin!

With that, Dad unveiled the first dish – fluffy pancakes topped with fresh berries and drizzled with maple syrup. The aroma alone was enough to make everyone's mouth water.

Tae: (taking a bite) Mmm, these pancakes are amazing, Dad!

Y/n: (trying some) I have to agree. They're the perfect balance of fluffy and crispy.