Part 2

Viransh Singh Ranawat

I remember her 16th birthday party vividly, the first time I technically saw her—well, after 10 years, it makes sense. Yes, a 10-year age gap, but what had to happen, happened. So, here we are, getting her Mehndi done. I can't see her face because it's covered.

We're having an arranged marriage that was planned three decades ago. I've known her since she was in the 6th grade. From the day I first met her, I knew she was going to be my queen. How? Because when I was only 15, my Dadi told me, "You're going to get married to her and make her the Queen of your heart." I recall her words and the promise I made to her. From that day on, I started being possessive about her. Whenever she was with me, I always tried to keep her close.

I know it sounds bad for me to think these things about a 5-year-old, but I was just a teenager wanting things my way. However, when my Dadi told me that she was mine but that I had to wait for her to grow up because she was still too small to understand, I understood. After that, I had to come back to India and start my life here. I only met her on significant occasions, parties mostly, just exchanging greetings, and sometimes not even getting the chance to look at her.

The last time I saw her was at her 16th birthday, and after that, I forgot about all the feelings that once ruled my heart due to studies, university, and work.

Four years ago, my Dadi brought up the topic of my marriage again and told me to meet her. For a second, I was blank because I had completely forgotten about her in 10 years, never even thought of her once.

But now, look at her—she looks so divine. Going on dates with her, making her comfortable with me, doing things I didn't like but now do because she does.

The only fear I have is that she cannot live the life that lies ahead. After marriage, she'll have to leave so much behind and become a completely different person, as per Dadi's instructions, which she told me after my engagement.

"Veer, she'll have to follow some customs; it's a ritual every bride must adhere to. I did it, your mother did it, and she has to do it," Dadi said. It boils my blood; I want to confront this woman because she has already made her do all sorts of strange things, and now she wants to confine her inside the palace.

"Dadi, do whatever you want, but I won't agree to this. It's her choice where she wants to go."

"Fine, then I'll find a girl who will stay in the palace as much as I want," Dadi said. Oh my God, this woman is infuriating.

"Okay, do whatever you want, but you can't confine her because I won't be part of it."

I'm still haunted by what my Dadi might do, but I also made a promise to Aaranya that whatever happens, I'll be with her.

So I know there is lots of number game but waht I can do I only face one problem in stories the age and years gap issues so I will make sure you all don't face that in my work

VOTE AND COMMENT YOU REVIEW

OK
So bye for longer time
Not for long time but yes little can work I think.