Part 4

After Wedding

They both stood in front of the entrance door of the palace, where all the relatives and Ranawat family members impatiently awaited the grah pravesh. Dadi arrived with four ladies behind her, carrying thalis in their hands.

First, Dadi performed the arati of the couple, then she removed a sword from its case and began placing it over the shoulder of the couple.

"Don't worry, it's just a ritual," Viransh assured Aaranya, who flinched as the sword touched her shoulder.

Dadi performed various peculiar rites at 4:30 in the morning, keeping the couple outside the house.

Then the real festivities began, which became somewhat overwhelming for Aaranya due to her outfit. The ladies started the ghumar dance to welcome the new bride, but Aaranya, feeling tired and wanting to sleep, was told to go to her room.

As she and Viransh began moving, Aaranya, in front, was in a hurry and forgot about her husband, who was left waiting inside.

"Ansh, I want to sleep, come fast!" she yelled, and Viransh hurriedly joined her, not making her wait, especially after Dadi instructed both of them to be in the temple area in half an hour.

"Don't yell here, let's go inside," Viransh said.

"I want to sleep," sighed Aaranya.

"Actually, we have to go out again after half an hour," Viransh explained.

"Why? Everything's done, what else is there to do?" she whined.

"First, remove this veil," Viransh said, irritated by the veil.

"No, Dadi said not to remove it," Aaranya replied, holding her veil tightly. "She'll create a scene if my face isn't covered. For now, it's just you and me. Last I remember, the devil was on his knees in front of me, so don't worry, he won't look at you," she joked while unveiling.

"Yeah, I was sitting for an hour in the same place to get this," Aaranya teased, and Viransh chuckled.

"Bacha, I'm really sorry. I promise after the puja, I won't let you stand there for even a second," he said.

"OK, on one condition: from now on, you'll be my stylist forever," Aaranya bargained.

"Are you blackmailing me?" Viransh asked.

"Yes."

"OK, what will I get in return?" he inquired.

"OK, then I promise, like you follow every ritual Dadi tells you to do, I'll do the same," she said, holding his hand.

"OK, from now on, I'll make you ready every day, OK?" Viransh agreed, picked her up, and moved towards the bathroom.

"Where are you going, Mr?" Aaranya asked.

"I'm going to bathe you, as it's in the deed, and I'm a businessman; I follow every deed," he said.

"No, no, that's not happening," Aaranya protested.

"Yes, that's happening," he teased, tickling her.

"OK, but go and bring my bathrobe," Aaranya requested.

"OK," he agreed and moved out as she closed the door.

"Go and get ready fast, Dadi said only half an hour," Aaranya yelled from the bathroom.

"Yeah, that's why I'm coming with you, so we can save time and water," he joked.

"I know you better than anybody else," Aaranya said.

After some time, Aaranya came out and saw him coming from outside with wet hair, leaving her impressed, as always.

"Come on, girl, Dadi is already waiting impatiently for you," Viransh urged.

They moved downstairs. Dadi called both of them to the temple area and briefed them on what they had to do. They were supposed to perform the abhishek of Mahadev and then conduct a puja.

Dadi instructed Aaranya and Viransh to go to the kitchen and prepare a sweet. As Aaranya was uncomfortable covering her face while working, Viransh made sure no one was around the kitchen until his wife was inside.

After the sweet was ready, Aaranya made halwa for everyone.

Then, they completed the abhishek and puja and greeted some more people. However, only Viransh met them, as Dadi instructed that Aaranya was not allowed to show herself or talk to anyone.

Aaranya wanted to go to her room immediately after the puja.

At the breakfast table, most family members were present, both from Viransh's and Aaranya's sides, but Aaranya was absent. After meeting and seeing off everyone, Viransh finally found the opportunity to visit his wife.

"So, what do you think about Viransh becoming the king? I'm not okay with my daughter being confined inside the palace for a long time," Aaranya's father inquired.

"We decide such matters at our home. We never objected to Aaranya coming here. She is free and can go anywhere, just not outside the palace," Dadi replied.

"Sumitradevi, you are not part of this family, and my granddaughter won't obey your orders," Aaranya's dadi exclaimed, protesting Sumitradevi's interference.

"Dadi, I respect you a lot, but you cannot talk to Dadi like this. Dadi didn't force Aaranya to stay inside the room; she's tired and resting, that's why she's not here," Viransh defended his dadi, not Sumitradevi, being equally against this tradition but bound by the promise.

Pre-cap

It's dreadful to keep someone locked up for so long, but it's a family ritual, and everyone follows it, so Aaranya has to abide by it. However, during your time, I remember your wedding was an open celebration. There were receptions and parties. So, what's the problem in my daughter's case? She's too young to endure all this, and we handed our daughter over to your son, believing he'd always be there for her. But today, he showed the depth of his love for my daughter, which is why I'm taking her from here, and that's final.

"Jai, you cannot do this! We're best friends. We made this promise, remember?" pleaded Viransh.

"I can't make my daughter's life hell just because of a promise," Aaranya's father said, holding her hand.

"Let's go, Arya, please," her dad requested.

"No, Dad, I love Ansh. I can't live without him," Aaranya protested.

"Really? Then where is he? He should be here," her father pointed out.

"Aaranya, I think you should come with us. This isn't for you," someone suggested.

SO GUYS THERE GONNA BE MORE FUN WITH SUMITRADEVI

Bye for now
And please vote guys
Comment your review