40: Seeing the Mushroom for the Forest

Tributes received!

Gained: Common Silk Satchel. Tippany Flower. Molly Sprout. Wood Carving of a bird.

Delta nodded distractedly as she ran a finger over Fran's screen. The timer near the top slowly counting down to Fran's return. Delta bit her lip, knowing that her friend should be okay but to watch Cram utterly...

She shook her head and focused on the new addition to the menu before her. She lightly pressed a finger on the screen, the air rippling.

Bravery Lance: A power formed by the synchronisation of the dungeon core and a boss monster. The exact numbers indicate that Fran's theoretical attack-

"Nu, simplify it for me," she asked and the screen shuddered as letters shifted about.

Bravery Lance: A power formed when Delta believed in Fran to adequately protect her. It makes his attacks stronger for a short period by absorbing the ambient dungeon mana into his weapon. This 'belief' in Fran and the goblin's own willpower caused the system to unlock the feature. It seems that if Fran continues to do or accomplish more, he may continue to unlock more abilities.

Delta rested in the pond room, Waddles idly snoozing in his little alcove. Delta paced slightly as she heard this.

"So my monsters level up?" she mused and with some thought, returned to the boss room, patting her mushys as she went.

She held out a hand and the screen opened.

"I got... room upgrades but how do I select the screen to upgrade Fran? Do I need to wait for him to come back?" Delta asked aloud and Nu was quiet for a moment.

There is no exact screen for that. I can see Fran appear in the room upgrade but that is more passive... there is a feature to dismiss him but I doubt that is what you need... I don't- Oh, here is a section.

Sir Fran/Bacon

Wins:1
Loses: 1

Achievements: 1

1: Refuse to back down from certain demise. A boss is a boon. A loyal knight is a blessing.

Delta smiled softly as she read that line. There was nothing else, nothing to indicate what Fran could do to earn more powers or achievements but Delta accepted the fact the system was, if nothing else, fair to everyone. No one really got the full weight of benefits when it came to the Dungeon.

Not even the core herself.

"I can't upgrade his weapons or armour?" Delta said, absent-mindedly.

Not without stripping him of his boss status and finding a way to upgrade your rare monsters items first of all. I suspect this is another lock in the dungeon system. It would prevent new dungeons from over developing their first boss into something truly unbeatable.

"Makes sense, I'd be pissed if my tutorial boss had an end-game secret boss level of bullshit," she mused and eyed the screen again.

"Then again, who knows what Fran could get if he challenges himself or does enough of these side missions. Maybe the system might upgrade him for me," Delta suggested. Nu only dinged in response as he wandered off.

Delta looked around the empty boss room. She bowed her head and tried her best to smile.

"You did great! I can't wait to tell you when you come back!" Delta said to the empty boss room. She opened her menu and flicked through the room functions.

The DP from the items had been nice and her goblins had already gone out on a collection mission.

So, with a soft hum to her voice, she read off the list.

Fran's Boss Room:
Turn Fran's cave into a proper gateway. It's purely for the dramatic side of Fran. 5 DPTransform Fran's boss door into a more strong appearance. 12 DPTurn the surrounding area into proper arena seating. 10 DPAdd stone pillar torches that ring the room and light one by one until they reach Fran's entrance when a challenger enters the room. Fran is a little dramatic, isn't he? 10 DP