47: Delta Does Danger

Circus room: This room contains a large tent for shows to be held in. It's missing a lot of things to be a true source of wonder.

Upgrade:

Circus tent to be new and made with better material. 10 DPAdd lanterns that shine with crushed Lumen Mushrooms to make lights for the cave and tent. 14 DPDouble the size of the tent. 30 DPNeed more options to add more options...Sorry Delta.

The box before her seemed to shiver as Delta closed it.

"It's not a problem. Nu, tell the system I'll get on that soon," she said, feeling relaxed as she stretched. Having just moved her core behind the circus to enjoy the benefits of a free mini-boss, Delta felt a lot better. The Bloodcurdling Mushroom seemed to contain itself nearby. Waiting for Delta to look away before it bred, no doubt.

Delta pursed her lips and something tugged at her mind. The upgrade box had said something about a mushroom... the nice looking Lumen mushroom. Delta liked those ones. Her brain went up and beyond itself as it pulled another tiny tidbit.

Nu talking about the Bees.

How they could have multiple hives could cause a war...

Delta's stare made the mushroom shrink down on itself.

I can feel you plotting. It is distressing me.

Nu informed her and Delta flexed her fingers and checked her resource meters.

Mana: 15
DP: 75

Thankfully, Nu had not dipped into the important DP.

"I'm not plotting Nu. I am commencing war," she corrected as Renny went about the tent, sweeping dust off of the seats with a mimed broom. The giant ape beast, lying about on its side, lifted the entire four-row bench stand with one hand, letting Renny get better access.

The ape had looked around at its new space and seemed to look a little restless at the tiny space. Delta couldn't blame him. He looked like he was used to acres of wildness to move about in.

War? Delta, its a mushroom.

The words came with a sigh and Delta waved him off.

"Nu, this thing is following me and is infecting everything I do. I need to work on defences, my attitude about being a dungeon core, how to make this place a success to make sure it's not us against the world but before any of that stuff. I have to beat this thing," Delta pointed with a jab at the mushroom.

How... do you intend to do that exactly?

Delta opened up the menu and flicked it with a grin.

"I kinda stop need going after them like they are a mistake in the system. They're not. They're good little creature's who have to obey the rules just as much as anything. I know that they can't grow out of control or block the way so I'm thinking its time these little suckers had some competition. If I can't get rid of these damn things, I will utterly subjugate them with my own mushrooms!" Delta laughed and a lumen mushroom sprouted next to the black bloodcurdling.

It wriggled before going still.

Delta leaned down and pointed at the black mushroom.

"I know we have never gotten on and I know this system behind your existence is beyond anything I can understand but I know you can hear me. Stop breeding and you can stay. If you infect anything else, the gloves come off," she warned.

Silence answered her and Nu moved closer.

Delta, come now, this is becoming silly. It's a mushroom, it cannot understand threats or compromises be-

Nu went silent as second black mushroom sprouted near the first.

...Delta, kill it. Kill it now.

"Nu, these guys are pretty powerful, speaking effect wise. I think we don't need to erase them, just cull them," she hissed as stroked her pretty Lumen Mushroom. The Bloodcurdling would only continue to grow worse at this rate. Comparing the two, the Lumen mushroom never spread where it wasn't supposed to nor mutated without permission. It was a good shroom and Delta needed it to act on her behalf.

It just needed some...additions.

The contract with Renny, the ape surprise, the mushrooms, her guilt at not being a good leader... all the rampant emotions firing through her after today, they all narrowed down into this single goal.

"Open the Lumen upgrade menu!" she ordered and Nu eagerly shifted to be the menu he sometimes acted like.