It was real

Everyone jumped when they heard another knock on the door.

"Fuck the bastard behind that door", grumbled Sky, who only wanted one thing: for this evening to end as quickly as possible.

"We definitely shouldn't open", said Everett as Sky was getting ready to open.

"Why?" asked Harlan, who without realizing it slipped his hand into Billie's.

"We don't know who it is!"

"Do you really think a werewolf would bother to knock on the door before tearing us apart?" Blake said obviously.

"You said werewolf," Everett pointed out.

"Fuck you."

"This is Officer Trent Miller of the LAPD. I have a few follow-up questions for you", announced the voice of the person on the other side.

A cold sweat ran down Billie's spine and she literally crushed Harlan's hand in hers.

"Isn't he the guy you assaulted?" Luna asked her brother in a whisper.

"He's the one who assaulted Billie and me!" Harlan corrected.

"Wait what?" said Sky, who was unaware of this detail. "Did he touch you? I'm going to kill him."

"No!" She placed her other hand in front of Sky to calm her down. "He didn't touch me."

"But he was weird and made racist comments and sexual propositions to you."

"Are you going to shut up? You're making the situation worse there", said Billie, stunned, turning to Harlan.

"We have to make him leave", Blake said after another knock on the door.

"So what? You defend Billie tooth and nail, but when the really important moment comes you let her down?" Sky said.

"Absolutely not. It's disgusting what this asshole did to Billie and Harlan, but what good is it going to do for us to beat him up except to go to jail?"

"Blake is right", Billie said in a calm tone that she hoped would calm Sky down.

"I know you're there. I see you through the window. I'm coming to talk, that's all."

"We don't have to talk to him", said Blake.

"But he knows we're here", said Luna.

"He has no mandate. If we tell him he can't come in, he can't."

"You can't come in," Harlan said.

"Perfect, let's talk outside."

He turned to Blake with wide eyes and she sent him an apologetic look.

"Okay, you hide in the office. I don't want him to see you", Harlan decided.

"No way", said Billie.

"What are you going to do?" Everett asked.

"I don't know. I'll think of something!"

"I'm on your side. We all want to know what started this fire!"

"Go away."

He motioned for the other teens to go and hide, but Billie refused to let go of his hand.

"No way! I heard what he did to you there. I'm not leaving you alone with this asshole."

"Hide yourself." He grabbed her shoulders. "We don't know what he might do if he sees both of us. I'll be OK. I'll be fine, but for that I need to know that you're with the others."