Pain

When Sky returned to class, she wasn't really surprised to see that her sister was missing.

"Arsen, where is your sister?" The teacher asked, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Sky stared at Everett and Blake. The first avoided his gaze and the second shrugged her shoulders and made big eyes at him.

"She really doesn't feel well. She gets home." She replied in a small voice, settling back into her place.

"Of course, I will believe you", sighed the teacher with sarcasm. "At least she can afford it with her grades. If you could take a little example from her, that would suit me. I don't get paid enough to handle your mediocre jobs.

Sky lowered her head and refocused on her exam. From the first question, Sky knew she would get a crappy grade. Even though she didn't understand the exam, all the pack problems and those she had with her sister didn't help her concentrate. She kept seeing her little sister's broken face and the hatred in her eyes. Sky felt like shit. Despite all her good will, she continued to disappoint her little sister. She kept rejecting her and putting her aside. Billie had good reason to hate her.

When she finished the exam, most of the juniors had left their classes. The hallways were full of students. Billie was still noticeably absent.

"So, how did your exam go?" Cleo asked with a big smile.

She was quite confident in the answers she gave. Ethan still hadn't left his class.

"Hmm, average. Have you seen my sister?" Asked the redhead worried.

"Not since she put Cyrus Nix in his place. Besides, what was this story? Is everything okay between them?"

"Oh, it's just a friend's argument", she replied as if nothing had happened.

"Yeah." She crossed her arms, arching an eyebrow. "And it has nothing to do with your blatant crush on her best friend?"

"Nothing happened between Cyrus Nix and me, ok?"

At the same time, Cyrus walked past her with Austin to go to her locker.

"There is no need. All it takes is for her to know it and for you to spend time together for the overwhelming feeling of jealousy to set in and rot a relationship like an animal carcass crushed for a week on the side of the road."

"Oh my god, please shut up," Sky muttered before leaving her there to go to Cyrus.

Cleo watched her go helplessly.

"And then, you dare to tell me that I'm wrong," sighed the ecological activist.

Sky ignored him and focused on his goal. She pretended not to be offended when he held back a sigh when he saw her stop near him.

"Hi!" She said with a little too much enthusiasm.

"Hi."

"We can talk?"

"I loved it, but I'm trying to work things out with your sister and I have the feeling that it won't really help me if she sees us together", he told her with a sorry smile.

He wanted to talk to her so much more. It was torture.

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about, actually."

Cyrus pursed his lips in conviction. Austin got the message and left them both alone. Cyrus motioned for Sky to continue. The young girl tried not to dwell on the coldness of their exchange.

"Have you seen Billie?"

"Not since a earlier. You can't say she's my biggest fan right now. For what? What is happening?"