Fear

Waking up, Sky frowned. Billie was nowhere in sight. Still stressed from last night, she got up as quickly as possible. In a daze, she found herself almost on the ground wrapped in her blankets. She flung open the door and rushed downstairs, where Garett and Luna were already eating breakfast. Seeing her panicked appearance, Luna became worried.

- Sky, is everything okay? What's happening to you?

- I woke up and Billie was gone!

- What?! But where is she? Luna questioned even more worried.

- Do you really think I would have this look if I had the slightest idea?

- Sorry, that's the first thing that came to me. I panicked!

- Okay, let's all calm down, Garett said, putting down the cup of coffee he had in his hands. I'm going to go wake up Harlan. Maybe he knows where she's gone. Maybe he heard her last night.

Sky nodded, too nervous to say anything. Luna approached her and stroked her back. Garett walked up the stairs to Harlan's room, shaking his head. He really didn't need that this morning. He really hoped his son knew where the youngest Arsen was.

He knocked on the door, but got no answer. It was strange. Harlan was a very light sleeper even with his noise-canceling room. He frowned and repeated the same movement. Always nothing. Now he was really starting to worry. What if something had happened to Billie AND Harlan?

Without a second thought, Garett opened the door to discover the end of the story. He expected everything except what he had before his eyes. He didn't have time to do anything before Luna and Sky came to join him.

- SO? Did you wake him up? Luna asked in the hallway.

- Does he know where is-?

The end of her sentence died in her throat when she reached Harlan's room. In the boy's bed was him and Billie, fast asleep. They were no longer facing each other like the night before. This morning, Billie had her head half on Harlan's chest and half in his neck. The boy had wrapped both his arms around her as if he wanted to stop her from leaving.

-Billie?! Sky shouted before she could stop herself.

Luna put her hand over her little biological sister's mouth. Meanwhile, Harlan and Billie slowly emerged from sleep. Still half asleep, they smiled softly at each other until they realized they had an audience. The two teenagers suddenly stood up. Garrett had a reproachful look on his face. Luna was uncomfortable and Sky was beside herself.

- I know what it looks like, Harlan began to calm things down.

- Oh yes? Go ahead. I'm listening to you, Harlan, Garett told him, crossing his arms.

- Billie just needed a place to sleep.

- What are you talking about? She already had a place to sleep, he Sky.

- Yeah, with you snoring like a fucking tractor. I'm a super light sleeper and Harlan knew it. He simply suggested that I sleep in his room who cuts out the noise.

- Okay, I understand, but imagine the stress that it caused for everyone not knowing where you slept.

- Is this a joke? Asked Billie who found the situation absurd. I was literally in the same house, across the hall. Would you like me to leave you a note to tell you I was sleeping with Harlan?

- Yes! Exclaimed the redhead.

- I have difficulties to understand. Are you mad at us for just sleeping together? Harlan said, running a hand through his hair.

- Absolutely not. We were just worried. Next time we'll come and look here before jumping to conclusions, Garett said nervously.

He pinched the bridge of his nose and left the room. Ultimately, this situation was the least of his worries. With a werewolf murdering the townspeople, Billie and Harlan could sleep together. Luna looked at Sky apprehensively, seeing that she was still tense in front of the two teenagers in bed.