Chapter 2

Caelus' POV. Heat Haze Palace.

My name is Caelus. Codename: Prince. Though I also go by the codename of Shadow or Angel.

Shadow when I'm tracking down and searching information on our target. 

Angel when my mission is assassination.

Prince when I'm infiltrating the Empire.

A spy must learn the basics of stealth, information gathering, blending amongst the crowd, adapt, improvise, overcome.

Deceive and perceive the enemy.

Steal a highly classified information that can prevent a major conflict to break out.

And if the situation will call it......

Assassinate targets who are threats to peace. A price of one life for the sake of humanity. As they say, "A soul for a soul."

Rather....

"Take out a soul to preserve many souls."

That's the reality of being a spy. I embraced it.

Now......I graduated at the spy academy that I attended.

The headmaster finally gave me where I should begin.

Find a spy team, and they received a letter recruiting spies for the new team.

From that moment on, I began my journey.

Just by skimming through the important keywords such as the seminary and its chapel, I found my way to my destination.

A manor called Heat Haze Palace.

It has an elaborate facade and overall good design.

Caelus: This is going to be our base of operations.

Of course, I had to be careful as well. Because I can already tell that this place has been bugged with wiretaps.

How did I know this? I have a device that detects radio signals and interferes the source of the wiretaps.

In that way, I can totally be invisible to everyone who is watching over the mansion.

Be that as it may, I still ought to be careful. I can't let my guard down.

I cautiously approached the front door and reached for the knob. I opened the door and finally got a view of the interior.

It was very well kept.

The vases, the artworks, the furnitures.

A true definition of a mansion.

After assessing that it is already safe, I went to the living room.

Caelus: Is this really where my team members live? Because it's too quiet. I can't hear any footsteps or voice.

Caelus: Or maybe the mansion is just too big. Maybe I should better start memorizing the layout once I got settled.