Chapter 11

3rd POV. Heat Haze Palace.

Caelus: Teach, Grete, change of plans, I will not be joining the assassin hunt.

Grete: !?

Klaus: Why is that?

Caelus: Something came up. I got an update about the intel I gathered. That is actually connected to the assassin we're hunting for.

Klaus: Then....

Grete: You know about Corpse's background?

Caelus: Corpse or rather, Roland......

Caelus: I found out something significant and if I miss it, we won't find a chance like any other.

Klaus: Then, could you at least share with us what you found?

Caelus: Purple Ant.

Klaus: !?

Grete: Purple Ant?

Caelus: Yes. Corpse is definitely connected to Purple Ant.

Caelus: So for now, I'll have to gather more information about Purple Ant.

Caelus: So that when the time comes, we can deal with him.

Grete: Caelus.

Klaus: It seems like you're starting to acknowledge your teammates.

Caelus: Please. All I'm doing is supporting everyone in the background.

Caelus: In the end, I'll have to leave the palace one day.

Klaus: Leave the palace?

Grete: Why?

Caelus: It's not I don't want to.

Caelus: I MUST leave the palace, because I have a much more personal matter to deal with on the other hand.

Caelus: And in order to do that, I will have to leave the palace.

Ever since Caelus had that conversation with Klaus and Grete, the two became concerned about Caelus' overall well-being.

Even after Lamplight had captured both Roland, also known as Corpse, and his associate, Olivia.....

Caelus had never returned to the Palace.

Klaus even sent a letter to Caelus but there was no reply.

Klaus: Caelus......

Klaus: What were you up to?

And because of this, Lamplight became much more concerned as Caelus didn't came back at least two weeks ever since the assassin hunt.

When Grete and Klaus broke the news.....

Sybilla: The hell is that guy thinking!? So the reason why he didn't join the previous mission was because he is on a mission of his own!?