Chapter 8

Ten Days after the Impossible Mission. Heat Haze Palace.

Klaus was gone and the mansion was under the surveillance of Lamplight.

As the girls were busy preparing another attack.....

Caelus also went outside.

And he's looking for information about Ember or known as Anastasia, his mother.

Caelus: Mom never told me about herself, not even her past.

Caelus: ........

Caelus: I didn't find any information in her room. I found the sword in this room, so that means this was once her room.

Caelus: To think that Mom was.....

Caelus: ......

Caelus: Is that why she stayed behind during that day?

Caelus: To protect me?

Caelus heard a knock on his door.

Caelus: Who is it?

Klaus: It's me.

Caelus: Come in.

Klaus opens the door and found Caelus on his desk.

Klaus: It's rare for you to let someone inside your room.

Caelus: Teach. I know you've been busy with your missions, I mean, so do I. You just dumped your work on me.

Klaus: You helped me lighten my workload.

Klaus: I believe you want answers.

Caelus: Then you'd better spit it out. What was my mother like during her time as Ember?

Klaus: Ember or.....

Klaus: Anastasia is a prominent member of Inferno. The stories about her were all true, even those who were considered as fiction.

Caelus: So, she massacred an entire battalion of Galgad Empire Soldiers, assassinated their top-ranking generals, and tortured their Emperor.

Klaus: Yes. She did that. All on her own. That was the reason why she's the only one who can complete Impossible Missions all on her own.

Klaus: It's no wonder why you have such talent. You inherited it. Yet at the same time, you have your own talents that your mother lacked.

Klaus: One is to formulate plans in a matter of minutes. For Anastasia, she needed to plan as far as she can go, and create multiple backups for any scenario.

Caelus: Isn't that already wonderful on its own right?

Klaus: Yes. But she is known for her precision.

Klaus: Every mission she finished was executed so perfectly as if nothing really happened, but the results will start to show in a few days or within five minutes after she finished the mission.