Chapter 6

3rd POV. Dining Room, Heat Haze Palace. A few days before the Impossible Mission.

Klaus gathered all members of Lamplight in the dining room, all eight girls came.

Except for Caelus who went out to town.

Monika: So, what's the big deal?

Klaus: Seems he's not here.

Sybilla: You mean that guy? He didn't change any one bit. Ever since coming here.

Klaus: Hm.

Klaus: He jammed the bugs planted across the mansion.

Klaus: But that was only for 5 hours. We only have one hour left before the interference wears off. I don't know how he did it but.....

Klaus: I did tell you I was part of Inferno, right?

All members of Lamplight nod.

Klaus: Then, I am certain you heard of another member of Lamplight.

Klaus: And many speculated that this member was a just pure imagination.

Thea: Ember, the speculated "eighth member" of Inferno. Known to be an assassin among assassins.

Klaus: Is that how Ember was described in your academy?

Thea: Yes. Said to be behind the most prominent assassinations during the Great War.

Thea: Not to mention, even assassinating top ranking military generals of the Empire.

Thea: Ember's assassinations eventually led to the surrender of Galgad Empire.

Thea: But the nail in the coffin is when Ember tortured the Emperor of Galgad Empire during the war.

Thea: But the Galgad Empire refuted this claim as their Emperor never experienced as such.

Klaus closed his eyes.

Klaus: So that one of the stories of how Ember was viewed.

Klaus: Is there another one?

Monika: Ember was said to be able to infiltrate any nation and leave without a trace.

Monika: Even stealing vital information. That is how Ember was revered to be a shadow among shadows.

Monika: It's even ridiculous to think that.....

Monika: Another story claimed that they disappeared with no trace. Not even Inferno knew what happened to them.

Monika: So...does this story hold true?

Klaus: Yes. We didn't know what happened to Ember.

Klaus: It is just as you said earlier. Ember disappeared without a trace.

Klaus: As for the reason why Ember left, they left because they sustained a serious injury that dictated that their life as a spy was over.