Chapter 14

3rd POV. Heat Haze Palace.

Grete: Um, Caelus.

Caelus: Hm?

Grete: Is it okay to ask you about something?

Caelus: If that is something stupid, leave me out of it.

Grete: It's nothing stupid. I just want to know your perspective on this matter.

Caelus: Go on.

Grete went to the garden and saw Caelus reading a book. She saw this as an opportunity to ask him about something.......

Something that Caelus know.

Grete: Do you know what is Teach's ideal girl?

Caelus: No. If you're asking me about that, I can tell that Teach doesn't even harbor any romantic feelings.

Caelus: Maybe he's incapable of having romantic feelings.

Caelus: This is only just my speculation......

Caelus: It might be connected to his past. Possibly with Inferno.

Caelus: Then again, Teach cares for his teammates. Just as much as he cares about Lamplight.

Grete: So, not even you can't figure out Teach's ideal girl?

Caelus: I told you, it's not that I can't. It's because there is nothing really.

Caelus: It's like you're searching for something that doesn't exist.

Caelus: And that is what we call as delusion.

Caelus: But....if you are really persistent on gaining Teach's approval, then better make your plans to do just that.

Caelus: After all, you are a strategist, if you know your strategies won't work, then just create another.

Caelus: That was one stratagem that was passed down to me.

Caelus: "Reconstruct and reuse your broken arrows as many as you can until you hit that target."

Caelus: That's the only advice I can give to you.

Grete: I see. Thank you, Caelus.

Caelus: You're welcome.

Grete: But this time, I want to ask a question about you.

Caelus: Go ahead.

Grete: What's the sudden change? You're becoming open to us. Why is that?

Caelus: Well, you see, a certain old man (Dad) that I know very well.....kept nagging that I should make friends.

Caelus: He doesn't want me to be lonely. He'll come to visit me again if he had the time and if he finds out I didn't make any friends, he'll dump an ice cold bucket of water on my face.

Grete: Uh.......

Caelus: But as days go by, I actually saw the point of that old man.

Caelus: Beneath of what we show to others, we are still humans within.

Caelus: We are fragile and weak at the same time.