Chapter 18

3rd POV. After the Purple Ant's Death.

Lamplight accomplished the mission of ending Purple Ant's reign.

This is also the second member of Serpent that Caelus killed.

On sail back to the Republic.....

The girls of Lamplight were talking about how Lilian Hepburn (Lily's Alter Ego) was called a devil and the story of her being the suspect behind the 76 murders.

But then.....when all laughter and giggles were over, they shifted the topic on Caelus.

Monika: To think that this mission allowed us to uncover Ember's true identity.

Grete: Yes. Not to mention, Purple Ant being connected to Caelus' past.

Grete: When Caelus executed Purple Ant in anger......I saw the boss' disturbed reaction.

Monika: But to think that Caelus will be that ruthless......

Monika: I mean, I understand the guy. After all, Purple Ant killed a person close to Caelus' own heart.

Erna: How unlucky.

Sybilla: Hey, Erna, you said that you went to see Caelus' hometown, right?

Erna: Yeep.

Erna: I actually got the opportunity to ask about Caelus, particularly his sister.

Lily: Oh, right. What was his sister's name again? Polka?

Grete: It's Olga.

Lily: That was close!

Sara: No, it's not.

Lily: Hey!

Sybilla: And what information did you gather?

Erna: The old man who knew Caelus and his family.....

Erna: He told me that Olga suffered from the Scarlet Fever.

Monika: That's....

Grete: A deadly disease. To think that Caelus lost his little sister because of that.....

Sybilla: And then he lost his mother during the war.

Sybilla: Not to mention, he witnessed his mother bein' killed by Purple Ant.

Sybilla: I mean, the guy recognized Caelus' face. The same goes for Caelus.

Sara: Do you think the reason why Caelus was missing for a few days was.....

Monika: Investigating Purple Ant.

Monika: Damn. He knows exactly what he's doing.

Grete: I never saw Caelus laying bare all of his emotions.

Grete: Sorrow, regret, hatred.....

Erna: H-He looked so scary.