Chapter 10

3rd POV. Four Days Before the Assassin Hunt. Magnolia City, Din Republic.

Four days before Lamplight begins with the assassin hunt, Caelus took his time to settle some personal matters.

Ever since knowing about his mother being a member of Inferno and the strongest swordswoman in Din Republic or rather, in the whole world.....

Caelus wanted to surpass his mother in his own way. To do that, he wanted to go back to his roots....

The Town of Magnolia.

And somehow.....

Erna tagged along with Caelus.

When Klaus noticed that Caelus stepped outside of the mansion, he remembered that Erna is the one who is assigned to buy groceries on that day.

So Klaus assigned Erna to accompany Caelus.

To Erna, it felt like it was unfortunate, as she never really talked to Caelus any one bit.

Yet somehow, Erna has always wondered as to why does the scent of bad luck will be intensified around Caelus or it will suddenly fade.

Erna is prone to bad luck, and to see someone else who can be a victim of unfortunate events and sometimes be the beacon of luck, she wanted to know how it works with Caelus.

She also wanted to know the bad luck that she sensed from Caelus at the very beginning. Erna even described it as, "A looming shadow."

Now.....

The two finally arrived, on the small town of Magnolia, the very place where Caelus was born.

Erna wondered on the site as she never believed it

Erna: I heard that this town was destroyed during the war.

Caelus: The town of Magnolia is said to be a strategic point to both the Galgad Empire and the Republic.

Caelus: It is said that this town faced the most horrible battle in the entirety of the Great War.

Caelus: It is known as the Battle of Magnolia.

Caelus: The Empire attacked this place with heavy artillery. So, its safe to say that this place almost got wiped off the map.