Chapter Four: The choices we are given

I ended up falling asleep on John due to the exhaustion from today's events. When I woke up the next morning, I found myself in my bedroom still in my clothes from yesterday. I don't know who brought me to my room but I sent a silent thank you to whoever and then got ready for today. I grabbed some clothes and my bath supplies before going into my bathroom for a relaxing morning bath. When I got into the bathroom, I used my magic to light the candles around me and turn on the hot water for my tub before I began to strip for the bath.

When I got out of my bath and got dressed in a soft maxi skirt and cropped cami tank top, I walked down to my brother's room to overhear a conversation about Liz.

Before Liz had left us, we were quite close. She got me into modeling and photography. In fact, I was a magazine model for a couple of years but stopped because I didn't need anyone to figure out that I don't age normally.

"How many buildings does she have to burn down?" Red asked obviously not wanting an answer. "She belongs here."

I decided to step in as my father said. "That's not what she feels" He looked over at me only for me to avoid his eyes. "She may never feel it. It's her choice."

"Or maybe she just doesn't want to end up stuck," I muttered as I wrapped my arms around me before walking away. I still can't stand the fact that Father decided to have me a part of his lie to Red.

I decided to go practice my magic in the greenhouse. When I got into the greenhouse, I closed my eyes and let my magic loose. I could feel every plant around me, from the smallest blade of grass to the longest ivy vine. It's moments like this, that I feel somewhat free. I could feel the life of everything around me. I opened my eyes to see my magic covering everything but what I wasn't expecting was for my magic to turn black and begin to take the life force of some of the plants. "No" I whispered before drawing my magic back into me. I panted hard and dropped to my knees at the sudden rush of my magic going back into my body.

Once I gained back my strength, I walked out of the greenhouse, not really sure where I was going but I needed to get out of there. As I was walking, John called for me. "Raven, wait up."

I turned towards him with a smile. "Hey John," I noticed him holding in a black winter overcoat. "Going somewhere?"

He handed me my dark purple overcoat before saying. "Yes, and you're coming with me" I took the coat confused before he took my hand and dragged me to the entrance where there was a taxi waiting for us. During the ride to who knows where John and I chatted and joked around. I honestly felt like I was starting to like him.

When the taxi stopped in front of a burnt-down hospital, I knew where we were. "John, are we here for Liz?" I asked already knowing the answer but he nodded nonetheless.

When we got to the unburnt section of the hospital, we told a doctor that we were there to see Liz and they took us to the maximum security section of the hospital. I was mortified to see my friend sitting in a chair almost catatonic in a padded cell. "She was making great progress, and now this," The doctor told us while we watched her through a one-sided mirror. "We'll be closed for months and it put a big dent in our thorazine supply." I pressed my hand to the glass as the doctor continued. "She's been like this since it happened."

"I want to go in" I demanded.

"Are you sure"

I nodded. "She can't and won't hurt me," I said with confidence. The doctor nodded before opening the cell and letting me in. When I got in, I walked over to where she was and sat down looking at her. "Hey Lizzy," I said smiling sadly at her but she said nothing. "Don't worry, I'm not here to scold you or anything" I joked.

She gave a soft scoff. "What are you doing here, Raven?"

"To bring you to the Bearu, I guess."

She looked at me confused. "You guess?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "To be honest I didn't even know I was coming here until literally 20 minutes ago. I was kind of kidnapped by a newbie." I joked causing both of us to laugh a bit.

"He must be really something for you to come so willingly" She joked causing me to smile softly. "So is there just you and the newbie or is there an entire army out there to take me back?"

"Like I would have an army to come and get you." I scoffed. "It's just me and the new guy. His name is John, John T. Myers."

"Wow, you actually call him by his first name. You must really like him" She smirked causing me to blush. "I guess I have no choice but to go."

I looked at her with sad eyes. "No, you will always have a choice, Liz. I will make sure of that."

It was her turn to look at me with a sad expression. "Of course I have to go back, Rae. Where else would I go?" She started to snap rubbed bands against her wrist making me flinch and take them away from her. "Raven give me those back."

I shook my head. "I don't know if Father taught you this or the doctors here but I will not allow you to keep hurting yourself like this." I used my powers to destroy them. "Let's get your things and go hail a taxi" I smiled at her as I held my hand out to her as a way for her to choose to come with me. When she grabbed my hand, I knew that she was ready. "Hey, maybe we can tell John to let us get some coffee since it's cold out."

She laughed at me as she stood up and gave me a hug. "Thank you" she whispered into my shoulder. 

~Hello my little rabbits and mad hatters.

So Liz has finally joined us in a full chapter and we also got a more in-depth view of Raven's magic and what could happen if it ever goes out of control. Please let me know what you think about this chapter in the comments. I hope you enjoyed it. 

-XOXO

The Wonderland Hacker