Chapter Four: Dreams and Consequences

When we got back to BPRD, I grabbed Red by his tail and dragged him to my office. All of the agents we passed were staring at us shocked. Why are they shocked? Maybe because I am only 5'6 and I am dragging someone who is well over 6 ft tall behind me. "Rae, hey," Red said only for me to yank his tail harder causing him to yelp in pain like a dog. "Come on, sis."

When we got into the office, I pulled his tail so hard that I threw him into a chair. "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU HAVE DONE?!?"

"What? Let the world know that we exist. Yes, I do know what I did." He responded, brushing me off.

I used my magic to hold him down which caused him to struggle. "No, you did something a whole lot worse. You revealed to the world THAT MONSTERS EXSIT" I snapped. "THE THING FATHER DIDN'T WANT TO HAPPEN. NOW OUR JOBS ARE A LOT HARDER BECAUSE NOW WE'LL HAVE LOOKERS AND THE HIGHER AGENCIES ARE GOING TO BE PUSHING TO HAVE ALL OF US OPRESSED" I yelled loudly.

"Come on, Raven. Manning just says that stuff to try and keep me in line"

I gave him a serious look as I said "Then what about Father" I watched him freeze at that. "He knew that humans will never accept us completely, simply for what we are."

He looks up at me and says "This is coming from the girl who looks like one of them."

"And so does Liz and she was persecuted for just having her ability. I am a demon, Red. Like you. I can never find love like you and Liz and what's so sad Red, is that you have more love than you will ever know and you are literally throwing it away, and for what?" I chuckled humorlessly. "So you can have your face on TV?"

"Rae," Red said softly.

I scoffed. "You just dug your own grave, Agent Hellboy. I hope you're willing to lie in it." I sat down behind my desk before saying "Dismissed" I released my magic that bound him to the chair and then used it to kick him out of my office. Once he was out, I let out a sigh before my office phone began to ring. I answered "Hello"

"Mrs.Broom I have called to inform you that we here in D.C. have decided to send in an agent to look after your brother and to report to us if something like this is to ever happen again." An older male voice tells me the phone. "We have just sent you the agent's files and are trusting that you will not allow something like this to happen again." Before I could say anything, they hung up on me.

I couldn't handle it anymore and screamed loudly which caused my magic to go crazy and throw things around. I ended up falling to my knees crying my eyes out in frustration and pain. How am I supposed to keep doing this? My brother doesn't listen to me, my superiors only see me as a monster. What can I do? I decided that I needed to get some sleep. I left my office, still in a mess, and went down to my room. I changed into a black night slip and went to bed.

As I slept, my mind began to wander back to the man I saw in my last dream and I ended up back in front of the mirror. Why am I here again? "Who are you?" the man's voice breaks through behind me.

I quickly turned around to see him from head to toe. He is rather tall, lean, and WITHOUT a shirt. I blushed to see this but then I noticed his scars. I walked closer to him and touched his chest where his scars were. "What has happened to you?" I asked as I gently brushed my fingers across his scars.

When I did, I felt him slightly shutter at the feeling causing me to stop only for him to grab my hand. "War has happened, fear beag, please answer my question."

"My name is Raven." When I told him, he looked down and saw where my mark was from when Rasputin told me my real name. He brushed the burn mark of my father's cross causing me to shudder at the feeling.

He looked back up at me and asked "And what has happened to you, fear beag?"

I searched his eyes before saying "Hell happened to me" He looked confused but before he could ask me anything else, I woke up. I had shot up and started panting thinking about that man. He wasn't human or a demon. He might be an elf. Ugh, why am I even thinking about it? Just because he was built like the gods made him out of stone?

The next day was the day that the new agent was coming in. His name is Johann Krauss. A German whom my father actually had helped. Apparently, his soul couldn't move on, so my father helped build him a suit that would help keep him contained until he was ready to move on. As we waited for the elevator to come down, Red came up behind us and asked "Is he here yet?" I walked away from him, still angry about last night, and stood on the other side of Manning. Liz and Abe looked at me worried but I did say anything. "Come on Rae." My brother calls out to me but I just flipped him off. I know super professional. He sighed before asking Manning while reaching for the file "What's his name?"

"His name is Johann Krauss." Manning pulled the file away from him as he was reading the file.

"Johann Krauss?" Red looked at the white man shocked. "Sounds german"

"That's because he is" I commented. "He's the lead in ectoplasmic research."

"Yes, he comes highly recommended by our European liaison" Manning read from the file before smiling "Liason. I love that word, don't you? It's so hoity toity." I chuckle at his voice

Red looks at Liz "I don't like Germans"

"No fingerprints"

"German makes me nervous"

"No photo" Manning looks up to the elevator "Dossier says and I translate, 'He has a nice, open face'" I chuckled because, unlike Manning, I have the full file of the man and I understand what 'open face' truly meant. I watched as the elevator reached our level and I knew that everyone was shocked "Oh my"

"Damen und Herren, Johann Kruass, at your service." A walking deep water suit greets us with a bow.

"Oh I like him" Abe voiced from behind me.

I walked forward and said "Welcome to the BPRD headquarters, Johann. My name is Raven Broom and I help run this branch." I smiled at him before pointing at Manning "With the help of Agent Manning. I hope we can all get along during your time with us. Now if you could follow us, we can get started on the case we have on our hand."

~Hello my mad hatters and little rabbits

Another chapter has been completed and just before I start a new job. I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I did writing it. Thank you all for your support and please continue to leave comments and votes. 

-XOXO

The Wonderland Hacker