Yellow Ribbon

Cadence number two I'm so excited! I also learned this one at encampment and it is one of my favorites. It can be used both as a marching or running cadence. Personally I prefer it as a marching cadence but it is a pretty good for  running too. 

Around her hair she wore a yellow ribbon                                                                                                           (Around her hair she wore a yellow ribbon)

She wore it in the spring time in the early month of May                                                                               (She wore it in the spring time in the early month of May)

And if you ask her why the heck she wore it                                                                                                               (And if you ask her why the heck she wore it)

She wore it for the young marine who's far, far away                                                                                             (She wore it for the young marine who's far, far away)

Far away                                                                                                                                                                                      (Far away)

She wore it for the young marine who's far, far away                                                                                           (She wore it for the young marine who's far, far away Hey!)

Around the block she pushed her baby carriage                                                                                                       (Around the block she pushed her baby carriage)

She pushed it in the spring time in the early month of May                                                                                   (She pushed it in the spring time in the early month of May)

And if you ask her why the heck she pushed it                                                                                                            (And if you ask her why the heck she pushed it)

She pushed it for the young marine who's far, far away                                                                                        (She pushed it for the young marine who's far, far away)

Far away                                                                                                                                                                                       (Far away)

Far away                                                                                                                                                                                      (Far away)

She pushed it for the young marine who's far, far away                                                                                        (She pushed it for the young marine who's far, far away Hey!)

Behind the door her daddy kept his shotgun                                                                                                              (Behind the door her daddy kept his shotgun)

He kept it in the spring time in the early month of May                                                                                         (He kept it in the spring time in the early month of May)

And if you ask him why the heck he kept it                                                                                                                   (And if you ask him why the heck he kept it)

He kept it to blow that young marine far, far away                                                                                                  (He kept it to blow that young marine far, far away)

Far away                                                                                                                                                                                      (Far away)

Far away                                                                                                                                                                                       (Far away)

He kept it to blow that young marine far, far away                                                                                                  (He kept it to blow that young marine far, far away Hey!)

So that's yellow ribbon hope y'all enjoyed it. If you've got any suggestions please comment or message me. Take care and keep marching!