Sixteen

Katy

This morning I couldn't keep the smile off my face. I can't explain the way Jacob makes me feel. With him, it's like I'm the only girl in the world that catches his eye. Like I'm special. I know there aren't many girls around him to compete with, but he's always looked at me that way. I just never realized it for what it was before now. I've never felt this way before. And even if Shawn did make me feel that way, it all would have been shattered the moment I saw him with Anna. 

I quickly throw the thought of them out of my head. I won't let them ruin my good mood.

I wish Jacob and I could have laid in bed longer. Uninterrupted. Just the two of us with no worries in the world. I love the way I seem to fit perfectly in his arms. Like that's where I belong. Where I'm meant to be.

Speaking of things fitting perfectly...sex was awesome with him. He filled every inch of me and threw me into a bliss I never knew there was. And for him to be so innocent and pure, he sure satisfied me. I was more than impressed.

Later in the day, I decided to go out and make an excuse just to see him. I made my way to our horses with some apples and began to pet and feed them while sneaking glances his way. Doing so made me realize how much I missed riding. I climbed up the fence and sat on top of the pole and remembered back to when I was a little girl. I rode the horses all the time. But as I got older, I started getting busy with my friends. And then Shawn came along.

Suddenly, my pulse quickened at the sound that was getting closer. I heard Shawn before he appeared around the house and into the driveway. I'd ignored all his calls and texts today, leaving my phone in the house when I went outside with the horses.

He spotted me as he got out of his car. I frowned as he walked up to me.

"Can we talk?" He asked.

I purposely kept my eyes averted from his face. "About what?"

"Come on, Katy. You know about what."

I could feel the anger coursing through my veins just from the tone of his voice. "I have nothing to say to you, Shawn."

He stepped closer to me and rested his hand on the pole too close to my leg for comfort. "What happened with me and Anna meant absolutely nothing. I was a fucking idiot. I love you. And maybe I didn't realize just how much until I saw your face when you came into that room. I'm so sorry. I wish I could take it all back."

"Yeah, well, you can't." I snapped as I finally looked at him. I didn't want to hear his lame ass excuses. We'd been together for so long, and he didn't realize how much he supposedly loved me? Bullshit. "That's a choice you'll have to remember the rest of your life."

He had the audacity to hang his head like he was sorry. "I know. I hate that I hurt you. I never intended on that."

I scoffed loudly, mocking him. "So, you never intended to get caught, you mean? How typical."

He jerked his head back to me. "That's not what I meant."

I jumped off the fence and got in his face. "That's exactly what you meant. Don't come here trying to down play what you did, Shawn!"

"I'm not," he shouted back. "I'm trying to tell you how sorry I am."

I let out a short, bitter laugh. "Oh, you're sorry alright." I stepped around to move past him, but his hand grabbed ahold of my arm, stopping me. His grip was tight.

"I'm not done talking to you yet."

I tried to pull out of his grip with no luck. "I'm done talking to you. Let me go," I said, still struggling to get free.