Eighteen

Katy

You should probably go. Those words along with his face kept circling in my mind. I can't believe how stupid I was. How could I fall for something like that. Of course, his aim was to sleep with the boss's daughter. And I stepped right into his arms. He used me. He knew I was vulnerable. I fed right into his charm. And I gave him the open opportunity. I ran my fingers through my hair and pulled. "Ugh!"

I picked up my pillow and threw it across the room. I took up for him. I pleaded with my dad not to hurt him. I felt sorry for him.

Well, fuck him.

He wants to use me? I'll be the biggest bitch he ever met.

My heartache turned into anger.

I heard through the grapevine that Barn Boy would be stuck in his room for 3 days for his punishment. I steered clear of the barn and focused back on my life. Daddy got busy doing other things after dealing with him and we never had our talk. I still haven't had a chance to catch him at a good time. So, I turned my anger and emotions toward Shawn and Anna. Shawn had called and texted a million times. Anna, however, I'd not heard a peep from.

I sent a group text out to Eric, Walt, Cassie, and Carter asking them to come over for the weekend. They all agreed. On Friday, I began to load some food and drinks into my dad's truck to take out by the pond. I'd gone to Benny this morning asking if he could have someone load some wood for me into the small trailer attached so we could make a bonfire. As I opened the kitchen door and walked out, I saw Barn Boy with a load of wood stacked in his arms headed toward the trailer. He was shirtless, sweaty, and looked miserable. Good.

He had a wrap around his hand. It was dirty but I could see he was trying his best not to use it as he dumped the wood. I wonder if it's broken. When he straightened, his eyes rose to mine, but I quickly avoided them, ignoring him completely. From the corner of my eye, I watched him stall. But as I dumped the bags in my hand onto the front seat and turned back to the house, he turned around.

Sitting around the campfire, drinking whiskey, rum, tequila, and whatever else Carter managed to snatch, we all laughed and joked. It didn't take too long for the conversation to steer towards the Shawn and Anna situation.

"Hey, Eric, has Shawn still been avoiding you?" Carter asked.

After taking a sip from his cup, Eric replied, "Fuck yeah. I can't get him to man up and face me. Fucking pussy."

Walt looked at me. "What about you from Anna?"

I shook my head. "Not a word. But I don't care to hear from her."

Cassie leaned over and rubbed my forearm in support. I gave her a sad smile.

Carter stood up. "You know what I think y'all should do?" He looked back and forth between Eric and me.

"What's that," Eric asked, staring up at him.

"I think the two of you should hook up and see how they like it." Carter grinned like he'd discovered the cure for cancer.

I laughed and looked at Eric. He raised an eyebrow at me as if to ask if I was on board. I shook my head. "That's not going to make us feel any better."

"It'll make Eric feel better for about one point five minutes," Carter cackled.

"Fuck you!" Eric replied to Carter's insult to his stamina. We all cracked up at his expense.

"Katy," Carter calls. "Just go sit in his lap and put your arms around his neck. I'll take a pic and send it to him and Anna. Or," he draws out the word like he's on a game show, "you can come sit in my lap. That'll piss him off just as much." He waggled his eyebrows at me, making me giggle more than I normally would since I'm buzzed.