xxiii. the dead sea

GHOST OF YOU::  xxiii

GHOST OF YOU
::  xxiii. | the dead sea

Barley twenty four hours left and they were nowhere close to getting hook back and not only that, they had to worry about those gravestones as well. They didn't really have a plan, but they were going to go do whatever it took. Even if it meant going with what they originally had in mind.

And what they originally had in mind was Emma and Cassandra go under and find hook. Now cassandra had a few ideas, but it was going to take more than three, which was why rumple decided to come along as well.

As they once again approached the tunnels, cassandra turned to rumple and Emma.

"Now, there's a quicker way to find hook, but you have to keep all arms and legs inside the boat." She warned.

"Inside the boat?" Emma questioned.

Rumple chimed in, "The Sea of the Dead."

"If you fall in, you're gone to the sea forever." Cassandra explained before heading into the tunnel, "Let's go."

The three then headed down the dark tunnel, they weren't sure of where exactly they were going yet, but they knew what was expected. A boat, sea, anything out of the ordinary obviously.

As they continued to walk, cassandra couldn't help but think about what Regina said about coming back to Storybrooke with them. The more she thought about it, the more she thought about Hercules. The last thing she ever wants to do is leave him even if it was to be alive again. However, she honestly didn't have many options.

But little did she know, snow was helping Hercules with his unfinished business. If she's helping with that, then that could only mean that he's ready to leave but cassandra doesn't know that yet.

• • •

While the three were off saving hook, regina pulled robin out the little apartment they were all in. She took him outside the front door so they could talk in private.

"Is everything ok?" He saw her face and it had worried written all over it.

"I need to tell you the truth about cassandra. What she really is to me." Regina began.

Robin had a confused expression on, "Thought she's your friend?"

"She is." Regina nodded, "But there's more to the story."

So regina told Robin everything. From first love, the in between, then her death. She shared how she was feeling now because not many can say they spoken to someone they lost.

Robin wasn't mad, he understood but that didn't stop him from being a bit jealous. After regina telling him that she wants cassandra to come back with everyone, he felt as if maybe Regina is trying to relive those lost moments. He knew for sure if she came with them and anything happened in his relationship with Regina, cassandra would be the one she ran too.

He doesn't know if he's ok with that. But then again, he would be calling himself a hypocrite because of Marian. Regina respected and was understanding through that whole process.

So out of kindness and love, he would do the same thing.

"I'm just glad you trust me enough to tell me the truth." He lightly smiled.

"You know I love you, Robin." She wrapped her arms around him, hugging him.

"And I love you." His arms were around as her well, but if he knew Regina, he knew love runs deep with her.

And that's what scared him.

• • •

As they were finishing passing through the sea of the dead, the boat came to a halt. They reached their destination. One by one, they all got out on the compound. Just as they were about to continue their journey, a familiar face walked out of the shadows. However, it was only familiar to rumple, Emma and cassandra had no idea who this woman was.

"Milah? What are you doing here?"

"I could ask the same thing. Are you dead now, rumple?" She rose an eyebrow.

He shook his head, "Not in the slightest."

"Then why are you down here?"

"Looking for your ex lover." Words he thought would never leave his mouth.

Milah thought for a moment. If it wasn't rumple . . . "Killian? He's here?"

Emma stepped forward, "Yes. Do you know where he is?"

"And what if I do?" Her tone was a bit hostile as her arms crossed over her chest.

Rumple lightly scoffed, "Wow and I thought you treated him better than me."

She darted her eyes toward him, "I did."

Frustration grew in the blonde. They were wasting time, which they did not have much of. Emma walked closer to milah, standing only inches away, "Cut to the chase. You're going to tell us where he is or you can go down there." Emma gestured towards the sea of dead people, "Your choice. You still do love him, don't you?"

Milah caved and began to take them the way to where hook could be. They hoped this was it but saving him wasn't the obstacle of their journey, it was leaving. That was only because hades didn't plan on them leaving.

Once you step into his town, it's a different story. He has eyes everywhere. So leaving? A lot tougher than you think and they all knew it.

a/n: our underworld journey is coming to an end and getting close to Cassandra's decision

a/n:
our underworld journey is
coming to an end and getting
close to Cassandra's decision.
what do y'all think it would
be? she stays with Hercules or
she goes back to the living?