xxv. skeletons in the closet

GHOST OF YOU::  xxv

GHOST OF YOU
:: xxv. | skeletons in the closet

Cassandra sat in a room on a couch diagonal from Archie, the therapist. She has been seeing him for the last week or so because she's been feeling depressed.

She thought coming back would change everything, make everything better but it hasn't. She feels the exact same from when she made it to the underworld. To be frank, she doesn't even remember her death. She knows who did the deed, but leading up to it and it actually happening . . . it's all a blur.

She was leaned back on the couch with her arms crossed over her chest, staring back at Archie as he looked at her. He was waiting for her to answer his question. After giving it a little more thought, she leaned her forward, her elbows resting on her thighs, hunched over.

"Even if there was one, there's no way of feeling it."

He tilted his head, "How so?"

"Because —— "

He rose his brows, urging her to continue but she herself, didn't quite know what she was trying to say.

Archie closed his notebook and scooted forward, "I think you're scared. You're back from the underworld only to discover this whole new world that you know nothing about." He continued, "Then there's Regina. You see her out and happy with robin. That makes you feel what?"

Cassandra groaned, "Miserable. Honestly, I rather keep going on like she doesn't exist because it would be easier for me."

"Is that what you want?"

She shrugged, "It's just better that way."

With that, the session concluded. Archie walked cassandra out and she just stood out there for sometime. She knew she didn't want to go home. So after deciding, she began walking in the direction of the docks. She wanted to avoid people as much as possible ——— Robin and especially Regina.

• • •

However, back at Regina's office, there was a slight altercation. She was in the middle of arguing with Robert, Cassandra's father.

She slowly stood up from behind her desk, "First you're happy she's back and now you're coming to me, yelling at me that she shouldn't be back. You don't even know where she was, Robert!"

He began to calm down, "I don't know how to help her. Lori thinks she's fine, but I can see it and she's not. She needs you and I hate that she does."

"She needs all of us." Regina spoke softly, "But yes, I'll talk to her." She continued to stand, "And Robert —— don't ever come to me with that tone again."

His back was turned, "It's Mr. Nickleson to you." He turned the knob and opened the door. As he left out, the door closed behind him.

Regina let out a relieved sigh. She was happy he was finally gone. It's not that she hated Cassandra's father, more so on the nose that since he hated her, she had no reason to be kind towards him. Yeah, she knows of the phrase "be the bigger person" but she is tired of being blamed for something she did not see coming.

After a few more minutes or so, Regina then headed out the office and began to look for Cassandra.

She looked all over town for her and just when she was going to give up, she finally spotted her. Cassandra was talking to David near the station. Regina couldn't make out what they were saying, but she saw it was a bit intense which she thought was weird because she didn't know that those two knew each other like that.

She wasn't quite sure what to make of the scene, so she turned on her heels and headed the other way. She got the feeling that Cassandra did not want to be bothered after that. But that didn't mean she didn't worry about her any less, in fact she was more worried. But she knew Cassandra and that was to give her space at the moment.

• • •

The sky finally got dark blue —— maybe black and that was perfect because that gave hades the time to scope around Storybrooke a bit. He wanted to get a feel of what it feels like to walk among the alive.

It was strange for him because it's been a long time since he's walked in the real world. He was loving every bit of it though and more so, loving it more knowing exactly what he plans to do to Storybrooke.

Hades found himself walking along a trail, leading towards a hill where there's a cliff that looks over all of Storybrooke.

He stood on the edge of that cliff with his hands in his coat's pockets. His eyes scanned all over the small town as a smirk came upon his face. Every little detail of his plan was processing through his mind and he couldn't wait to achieve it.

Storybrooke was going to be his —— his new underworld.

a/n: i decided to try and startposting weekly updates, sokeep a lookout 👀

a/n:
i decided to try and start
posting weekly updates, so
keep a lookout 👀