Questionaire And Waffles

"Tanya isn't my girlfriend. She works for me." Spencer explained, patting his chest as CiCi wrote his response in her notebook while he informed her in broken detail that a publicist does their job. "So you don't have a girlfriend or a wife?" The eight-year-old pressed on as the waiter brought her food over.

"Thanks," Spencer stated to the waiter, who smiled in return before leaving the pair. "No, I never married anyone. My job keeps me traveling for long periods of time during the year. Never had time for a serious relationship." Spencer replied as the little girl began to scarf down bites of berry waffles.

Smiling, he could see that CiCi inherited her mother's love for food. "Some of the kids back in my school have siblings by other moms or dads. Lots of their parents aren't together anymore. Do I have any brothers or sisters?" She added, tearing into her bacon.

"None that I am aware of." Spencer chuckled, eating his plate of food. Lifting her brows, Gracianna bit her lips in doubt towards his answer.

"I bet." She muttered sassily, sipping from her cup as Spencer's lips gasped, surprised by her verbal jab.

"You have your mom's wittiness, I see." Spencer retorted, finishing his breakfast and receiving an unfazed shrug from CiCi.

"I'm full." She shared aloud, pushing the sloppily eaten plate aside. "I have another question for you."

"Save them for when we get back into the car." Spencer insisted, looking for a waiter to pay the tab.

"Kay. Where are we going now?" Cici inquired curiously, leaping from her chair. "I really want to go to a huge park. I see in all the movies."

"Oh, do you? Maybe tomorrow. Right now, I have an important meeting, and you're going to meet a nice lady, Manda." Spencer revealed, already having a nanny on the way to the stadium, thanks to Tanya's quick thinking.

"Who's Manda?" Cici asked as Spencer took her hand as they left the diner. "She's gonna watch you for me while I handle some things for work. She's nice." He answered as they reached the car.

"A babysitter? But I want to come with you." Cici complained, crossing her arms as Spencer unlocked the doors to his ride.

"Listen, I have some business to take care of. You can't come with me. Manda will take you to the park, the ice rink, or the movies. Wherever you wanna do today. But I need to handle some grown-up matters, and then I need to contact your mom." Spencer explained as he buckled her into the seat. Pulling out of the backseat, Spencer was unable to tear away from the disappointed expression glaring into his soul from the little girl's brown eyes.

Hurt by the fact that he was already pawning her off on someone else, the little girl held back her tears. "Fine." She mumbled, gaining a sigh from Spencer.

"I'm sorry, Ci. I know you want to hang out. I do, too, but I gotta take care of some stuff. I didn't expect to have you with me today." He moaned, kissing his daughter's forehead. "How about tomorrow we hang out? Just you and me. Our first daddy-daughter day, huh?"

Kicking her feet, Cici sniffled, pushing back her tears as she curled her lips happily. Satisfied with her reaction, Spencer grinned, patting her head before closing the backseat and heading to the driver's side.

After settling into his seat and starting the engine, Spencer peeked to the backseat, unsurprised to see Gracianna already cheesing at him, notebook in hand.

Driving from the diner parking lot, Spencer continued to bond with his daughter. "Ight, Ci, hit me the next question."

------------------------------------------------------------