Iceland

Olivia laughed. She loved ice skating! She flew across the ice at a breakneck pace, looking over her shoulder to see if Spencer caught up to her yet. He was right behind Olivia, only a few feet away. She went even faster, swerving to avoid getting in the way of the other families at the ice rink.  She glanced around, searching for Spencer. He vanished.

She turned to face forward again and was forced to skid to a complete and sudden stop, spraying ice chips as the blades cut deep into the smooth surface. The figure blocking my path grinned beautifully, his hands blocking her path like a street guard. "Got you," Spencer said, sounding extremely pleased with himself.

Olivia grinned back. "Not yet, you don't." She glided away, laughing reveling in her childish exuberance. Olivia dashed around the frozen surface, weaving through other skaters, to reach her skittish baby girl, looking every inch like the ice princess Gigi imagined herself as, twirling to her little heart content. 

She giggled as Olivia flew past her. "IM DOING IT, MOMMY!" Gigi shouted enthusiastically.

Olivia glanced over her shoulder. Spencer playfully closed in on her again. Liv headed over to where Gracianna was skating. She was laughing at her parents' juvenile antics of cat and mouse. Gigi gleefully glided around the strangers on the ice, making little messy figure eight patterns delicately. Olivia swept around her and, in a flash, gathered her up in her arms, spinning Gracianna around and making her snicker joyfully.

Then, as quickly as she  picked her up, Gracianna was snatched from Olivia's grasp. Spencer skid past her, holding a bubbly Gigu. She giggled again, her beautiful little face lighting up as her dad whirled her in a tight circle. Olivia smiled at her newly formed family, basking in the momentary happiness she felt, trying not to focus on impending flight back to Portland. Olivia coasted over to Spencer and their daughter. He beamed at her, love pouring from his hazel orbs. "Guess I'm not that bad of a skater, after all," he said jokingly. "Admit it."

Olivia grinned at him. "You might might not have fallen of your butt, but you're still a slow poke," Olivia challenged, skating away, watching him over her shoulder. A spark entered Spencer's eyes.

A determined grin spread across Gracianna face. "Catch her, Daddy!"

Liv laughed, watching Spencer set Gigi down before launching himself after Olivia.  Clapping from her spot on the ice, Gracianna giggled, content play with her parents all afternoon.