Food And Family Time

Lunch went well as the adults utilized their daughter to keep the light conversations going over food. Leading the discussions, Gracianna told her mom all the things she had missed since Olivia was out of town. From how scary riding a charter bus alone was to how fun her trip to Central Park with the babysitter yesterday was.

Sharing concerned looks during some of the talks, Spencer and Olivia had their moments when they held their tongue at Gigi's mention of how cool traveling the Big Apple was. From her funny her Uber driver was to how hard it was to form her chaotic plan to meet her Dad.

Of course, both parents were going to address the traveling alone matter with their daughter. But they seemed to make a silent decision amongst each other to put off the talk until a later date. Instead, they would enjoy their daughter's tales of her adventure.

By the time dessert time concluded, Gigi was all talked out and filled with sugar. Her feet kicked with excitment, ready to move around when he parents told her it was time to go. That's how Spencer and Olivia found themselves ditching their cars for a long walk through one of New York's multiple parks. Lost in her imagination, Gracianna ran off some of her energy in front of them, while Spencer and Olivia strolled behind her. Talking amongst themselves, Spencer used his time with Olivia wisely.

"You are doing a great job with her, Liv." Spencer complimented Olivia, gaining a small smile from her in return.

"She makes it easy most of the time." Olivia mused, smiling at their daughter that pranced around a few feet in front of them in a world of her own. "She reminds me of you. She's really perceptive and determined when she puts her mind to things. Plus, her high amounts of energy have her bouncing off the walls most days. She was impossible to contain after she hit age four. My mom forced me to put her in a sport. Thus, my little acrobat was born." She laughed as their daughter threw a round off, backhand spring, as if on que.

"Yeah, she started profiling me and my life from the moment she stepped into the penthouse." Spencer chuckled, remembering his first conversation with Gracie. "She doesn't really talk like a little kid her age. Her thoughts go really deep, and then she gets inquisitive. She gets that from you." Spencer added, thinking back to Gigi's interrogation over breakfast.

"Sorry about that." Olivia playfully apologized. "I take her to work with me sometimes. She saw me do interviews several times and kind of picked up on my habits of dissecting every situation." Olivia noted, knowing Gracianna developed a little knack for investigative journalism.

"That's alright. I don't mind the 21 questions from her if it means we get to know each other better." Spencer assured Olivia, a sad tension falling between them.

"I wished you didn't have to. That she knew you from the start." Olivia sighed heavily, believing she should've done this years ago.

"Me too." Spencer agreed monotonely, not wanting to rehash tough situations they couldn't change. "But she's here now. That's all that really matters, right?" He asked, facing a quiet Olivia as she kept walking, lost in her thoughts.

"It's just, I keep wondering when did we change so much." Olivia groaned, "When we fought, we always found our way back to each other. But you let me go without a single thought after the breakup, Spencer. Why was it so easy for you to move on?" Olivia moaned out in frustration.

"I never moved on from you, Liv. Sure, I left. But that was so that you wouldn't have to choose between loving me and loving your career. I always figured we would find our way back, but then we didn't." Spencer recalled, disappointed that he failed to find the nerve to win her back years ago.

"Because you were already seeing someone else, Spencer." Olivia argued quietly, trying her best not to disrupt their happy daughter that kept galloping down the park path. "I called you to tell you that I was pregnant, you know?"