Communication is Key

The party was over, and Spencer and his little family made were back at their temporary Air B&B. Tired out from the exicitment of the day's events, the birthday girl went to bed easily. Without their daughter to act as a buffer, Spencer and Olivia were left to pack away her gifts alone, forcing them to talk things out.

"I do not want this thing with Tanya to come between us," Spencer sighed heavily, packing away the last of the shoes his daughter was gifted for her birthday.

"Why was she here at all?" Olivia stressed, tossing another scrap of gift wrapping paper into a garbage bag. "And is she really pregnant? And more importantly, why would she come to you for help? I thought you two were no longer speaking." Olivia raged, with her hands on her hips waiting for Spencer to explain himself.

"Becuase she was trying to blackmail me into believing the baby was mine," Spencer disclosed heistantly, watching Olivia's contort her face into several emotions.

"You... you...." Olivia's eyes twitched, and her nostrils flared like a bull seeing red. "You slept with her!"

"I didn't touch her, Liv! How could you even ask me that," Spencer shot his hands in surrender, "She almost convinced that I had. I don't know how, and I do not have proof, but she snuck into my bed that night when I went out with the guys and came home blackout drunk," Spencer recalled from the night his former teammates let him get hammered.

"So what? She magically fell into your bed naked, Spencer! Why was she even in the penthouse to begin with?" Olivia interrogated him, tossing a gift bag at his head in frustration. "Why didn't you tell me the about this the same day it happened, if nothing went down between you?" Olivia sneered, tossing the comforter back so she could climb into bed.

"To avoid fighting over something as pointless as Tanya trying to come between us," Spencer declared, following her under the comfort on the opposing of the bed.

"Still, Spencer. We swore no secrets," Olivia protested, arms crossed as she sulked beside him, sinking into her pillow. "I hate being blindsided, ever since..." She trailed off thinking back to their original breakup.

Spencer arms wrapped around her hips, tugging a sulking Olivia closer to him. "I apologize for keeping it a secret. I didn't mean to make you feel like that," Spencer vowed, never wanting her to feel like he was one foot out of the door.

"I'm sorry too," Olivia mustered up an apology of her own, letting her head fall onto his bare chest as he held her. "We've hurt each other a lot in the past, but I know you'd never cheat on me."

Kissing her head, Spencer agreed,"Damn right, I wouldn't. Look what I got at home," He joked, eyeing her slight cleavage frlm beneath her thin, satin night camisole. "She doesn't have anything I want."

"Yeah, plus, I'm pretty sure I'm thing one who pushed her over the edge," Liv took the place for Tanya's fall off the deep end.

"Don't blame yourself. Tanya has always been a cunning person. That is what made her so good at her job," Spencer refused to let Liv take the blame.

Sitting up, Olivia removed herself from Spencer embrace to face him fully. "There is something you should, Spencer," Olivia sighed, hoping he wouldn't be too mad at her for taking things into her own hands. "The day I left New York, I met up with Tanya and demanded she resign as tour publist. I took these stalker type photos of you and gave them to a journalist colleague of mine. There was some other stuff, too; inappropriate letters that I forged in her name and things of that sort. Then, I threatened to send everything to some media service and make her look like she was stalking you. I told her she'd be blacklisted from the business, and she'd be lucky to find a job of any value. Basically, anything to convince her to quit," Olivia detailed in a hurry, forcing Spencer to process the news hastily.

Contorting his face in a sense of turbulence, Spencer was unsure how to approach his next statement. "So she blackmailed me to get back at you blackmailing her? Is that what you're saying?"

"Maybe. I don't know how her mind works. Maybe she wanted you, or maybe she wanted to retaliate," Olivia shrugged. "Perhaps, a little bit of both."

"That's insane, Liv. You didn't need to do all that for me," Spencer chuckled. "I would have handled Tanya," He still believed.

"I figured I could get rid of her quietly and quickly. So I did," Olivia groaned, throwing her head against the pillow behind her.

"Desperate times calls for desperate measures, huh?" He jested with a lighthearted smirk.

"You aren't mad that I forced her hand?" Olivia inquired with concern.

"I was going to fire anyway," Spencer rehashed, unable to see the big deal. "Do I wish you hadn't felt to need to take drastic measures? Yeah. And I don't like how you didn't tell me about the plan either, Liv. Like you said; no secrets. Am I going to fault you for how bad the backlash was? No." Spencer concluded rationally. "At the end of the day, Tanya dug her own grave. Now she's trapped with a kid she never planned to have, with a guy she barely knows. On the positive side, we won't be hearing from her again for a while. Charlie called me not too long after the scene Tanya made, and quit. He apparently found it all a little too much to handle. Poor guy booked them a flight to his hometown in Chicago and promised they'd be staying there for the duration of her pregnancy," Spencer revealed to a surprised Olivia.

"I do hope it works out on the end for them. Maybe motherhood will calm Tanya down. A baby, no matter how it came about, is a gift," Olivia stated, sliding back into Spencer's embrace as he reached to turn off the bedside lamp standing on the nightstand beside his end of the bed.

"Are you trying to tell me something, babe? Are you itching to push out another mini me?" Spencer chuckled, spooning Olivia in the tranquil darkness.

"You wish." Olivia snickered as he kissed her shoulder, yawning. She adjusted herself into a comfortable position before she let her exhaustion over her. Spencer followed suit, chasing a deep slumber.