Flip The Scipt

SATURDAY, 1:30, URBAN AIR

"Did you lose Little Shay too?" Olivia laughed, joining Simone outside of the row of trampoline beds littered with children.

"Somewhere between the basketball kisok with the embedded trampoline in the ground and the ceiling climber. How about you? Where's the birthday girl?"

"She dragged her friend Desiree back up webbed jungle gym to get into the line for the zip line," Olivia detailed amused, "She's gone on it about five times already."

"Yeah, Shay loves it here too," Simone smiled, glancing through the crowd of children flipping around  to spot her son and his father racing down two of the trampolines, tussling to beat the other.

"Spencer chose a good spot for the party." Olivia complimented her absentee boyfriend.

"Where is he anyway?" Simone wondered aloud.

"He's in the party room sorting through the gifts, for later when it's time to record her opening them." Olivia explained.

"Yeah, she got a lot of them, huh?" Simone remembered seeing the pile of wrapped presents and line of gift bags upstairs in the parry room.

"Yeah, you know some of her friends from Portland are here, then my parents, Spencer's family, you and Shay, and some of Spencer's friends from New York mailed her some gifts." Olivia listed off as she and Simone found Kia playing with her son D.J. by the rock climbing wall.

"You got it, baby, keep going!" Kia encouraged her adventurous six year old son to go higher.

"I'm doing it, Mommy!" He shouted as his little leg landed on another peg, hiking him up higher.

"You got it, little man! Keep going!" Darnell's voice chimed from a few feet away from behind his wife as he tried to reangle his camera to record their son.

"Wow, he's getting up there," Simone observed, standing beside Kia, clapping to encourage her friend's son.

"You guys having a good time?" Olivia asked.

"It's great, Liv," Kia assured the party hostess, "He's going to get all of this energy out and sleep like a mute when we get home," Kia predicted with hope, grateful to get all the energy out of her hyperactive son.

"Where's Vita at?" Olivia inquired of their fourth friend who was know insight.

"Penny needed a potty break. She should be back soon. Her husband, Tony, went upstairs to help Spencer because the staff started to bring cake, pizza, brownies, and ice cream," Kia disclosed to her friends, keeping her eyes on her son to ensure he didn't fall.

On cue, Spencer came walking through the crowds of families inside the building to reach them at the rock climbing area. Swiveling through litters of children and their parents, he finally made his way over to them. Shadowing his new boss, a nervous Charles joined at the ladies' side.

"Liv, can you and your girls start rounding up all the kids. The wings and pizza were delivered to the party room, and I want everybody to eat while the food is still hot," Spencer requested once he stood next to his girlfriend.

"Sure, baby. We will round up everybody and meet you guys upstairs," Olivia agreed, kissing Spencer on the cheek as D.J finally climbed back down the plastic rock wall.

"Uncle Spence, did you see me? I climbed up super high!" D.J. bragged to Spencer, who patted the top of his tapered fade.

"That's great, Dee. Let's burn off some of that energy with some food," Spencer chuckled, lifting Darnell's son into his arms.