Mama Do Not Play About Hers

As the happy couple settled down their excitment, Tanya forced a smile onto her face as Spencer faced her. "Guess you're happy that all that work wasn't for nothing, huh?"

"I am happy that Olivia finally agreed that my thoughts on you continuing with your original plan is what's best for you. I said from the start after all." Tanya responded bitterly.

"I suppose it took hearing it from my mouth for it to finally sink in. Spencer has always thought highly of my opinion on these things." Olivia replied to her jab, implying the insignificance of Tanya's opinions.

Tanya opened her mouth to respond, but the penthouse elevator monitor buzzed again.

"That's Ma and Cici." Spencer interjected, ending the tense conversation between the women and Tanya's lips curls significantly.

"Miss Grace is here? Oh, that's great. It's been so long since we last saw each other." Tanya beamed as Spencer ran off to the security monitor.

"His mom and I hit things off the first moment we met. It was like meeting my second mom." Tanya recollected to an uninterested Olivia.

Nodding, not paying her words much mind, Olivia remained civilized. "Yeah, well, Miss Grace has that effect on most people. She's an amazing woman. I've had the pleasure of knowing her since high school since she and my father have known each other since their teen years." Olivia stressed her relation to Spencer's mom. "She's always been family."

"I can't imagine how close Miss Grace can be to a woman who hid her grandchild from her son and herself for eight years." Tanya snickered as if Olivia overhyped her relationship with Spencer's mother. "That's just my take, though." She added as Olivia bit her tongue, not wanting to go off in front of her daughter as the doors to the penthouse elevator opened.

"Mommy!" Gigi squealed, running out of the elevator in the direction of her mother, knocking Tanya aside in the process, too focused on Olivia to care about her manners.

"Excu-" Tanya stopped herself from exlaiming any further to the tunnelvisioned child.

Barreling into her mom's arms, Gigi paid Tee no attention as she hugged Olivia.

"Baby, you need to slow down." Olivia encouraged her excited daughter, withholding a smile, as she tried not to show her approval at her daughter's disregard for  Tanya's annoying presence.

"Sorry, mommy, but I have so much I wanna tell you about the zoo. Nana took pictures and the museum toys at the gift -" Gigi tried to explain but was interrupted by her mother.

"You can tell me and your daddy all about your time with your grandmother later. For now, you need to show that you were raised with manners. What do you say to someone when you are trying to get by?"

"Excuse me." Gigi pouted.

"Not to me." Olivia instructed, wiggling her finger in Tanya's direction.

Hesitantly pivoting on her small feet, Gigi crossed her arms, scowling at her Dad's publist. "Excuse me."

Tanya saw Miss Grace eyeing her suspiciously and quickly put on a good act. "That's okay, sweetie. Just be more careful. None of us want you to get that cute face of yours hurt."

"Ok..." Gigi dragged out, feeling strange out how sweet Tanya was acting.

Switching her focus to Spencer's mom, Tanya wore a large smile. "Hi. Miss Grace. It's been a while. You look happy. How's Tennesse?"

"Warm." Mama Grace replied curtly. "How have you been, Tanya? I hear you helped Spencer acquire that property in L.A."

"Oh, yes. He was close to mistakenly deciding against keeping his original plan to break ground in L.A. because of recent changes." She said in a lower voice, gesturing her head towards where Olivia listened to Gigi rant about her visit to the zoo. "Thankfully, he came to his senses, and we are back on schedule. But enough about me, how are you adjusting to becoming a grandmother? It must be overwhelming to see Olivia knowing the truth about your granddaughter." She inquired, raising her voice to gain Olivia's attention.

Mama Grace smiled knowingly, sensing how Tanya expected this discussion to go. "Not in slightest. I've always thought of Olivia as the daughter I never had, so when I heard she raised my beautiful grandbaby alone, my heart went out to her. Look at that little girl." Mama Grace gestured to Gigi, forcing Tanya to turn her focus on the mother and daughter. "She's happy and healthy. I'd Olivia has done a wonderful job as a mom, wouldn't you agree?" She asked, waiting for a stunned Tanya to respond.

"I mean...sure...yes...she has." Tanya swallowed aloud, forced to agree with Spencer's mom, not desiring to get on Mama Grace's bad side.

"Good." Mama Grace summed up, gaining a soft smile from Olivia, who was grateful for the backup in shutting down Tanya's disrespect.

Spencer finally returned with business files in hand, unable to read the room. "Here's the new contract for the investors. They were revised, and I need them all three of the investors to look over the new terms. Email them to the team for finalization, then forward the final print to my email as soon as possible." Spencer directed to Tanya.

Taking the files from him, Tanya nodded. "Got it." She sent one final smile to Mama Grace. "It was nice to see you again."

"You too, dear." Mama Grace stated with a poker face.

"Thanks for dropping by with the good news, Tee." Olivia interjected with an overly nice beam. "We appreciate it." She added with high significance on the family unit between she and Spencer.

"Mhmm." Tanya hummed, wanting to leave with the little integrity she still held. "I'm gonna go." She added, giving  one final glance to Spencer as he scooped Gigi into his arms, paying little attention to his humiliated publist.

"Bye." Little Gracianna waved, bidding the woman farewell, before stealing all the focus as she gushed on about her day at the zoo and the museum as Tanya stepped into the elevator.

As the elevator doors shut, Tanya swore that the little girl was just as happy as Olivia to see her go.