BlackOut Nights

Thursday Evening 8:30 p.m (Portland Time)

"Say goodnight to your dad, Gracianna. You have school in the morning." Olivia insisted from their end of the FaceTime, tickling Gigi.

"Goodnight, Daddy!! Stop it, Mommy!!" Gracianna squealed under her mother's playful antics.

Spencer chuckled at the scene from his end of the FaceTime, "Night Cici. I will talk to you in the morning. Love you."

"I love you, Daddy." Gracianna responded cheerfully before sprinting out of her mom's lap.

Olivia laughed as their daughter bolted from her tickling threats, her attention turning back to Spencer. "So what are you doing tonight?"

"The guys from the team are taking me out to celebrate me finally getting the building lease signed so the architect team can finally start the renovations." Spencer declared prideful.

"Good, you deserve a night out." Olivia approved of the plans. "Just don't have too much fun, baby. You know how you get whenever too much alcohol is involved. I don't wanna see you all over some trashy tabloid getting into a bar fight or something." Olivia laughed.

"I will be careful. Always. Get some sleep, and call me before you take Gigi to school." Spencer insisted. "I love you."

"Love you too. Night." Olivia bid him farewell before ending the call, to leave Spencer to his affairs.
-----------------------
Friday Morning 2:30 A.M

"You are resigning? Just like that. Why?" Spencer questioned, his eyes scanning over the resignation letter Tanya lid across his kitchen bar from where she sat one stool  away from him.

"I'm no longer comfortable working for you," Tanya confessed sullenly, "I think I crossed the boundaries between professional and personal too many times for you. Only for your feelings to be unreceptive."

Spencer rubbed his eyes in frustration, unsure if he was hearing her correctly. "There never was anything more than professional between us, Tee."

His head was already pounding from the few cups of gin he downed a few hours ago after some of the boys took him out to celebrate his retirement. And he had to come home to find a high-strung Tanya waiting for him in the lobby of his building. After inviting her up to talk about whatever emergency meeting she needed to discuss with him.

"No, but there could've been." Tanya stressed, running her hand through her fresh Dominican pressed hair. "Had you given us a shot, then maybe you..."

"I can not do this today of all days." Spencer grumbled, rising from his seat. "Gigi and Olivia left a few days ago to start prepping for the big move to L.A. I finally bought the building for the gym location in California. My investors' contracts are all signed. Things were going so well. Then I find you at my penthouse talking about some one side romance you made up in your head," He chuckled at the thought of how his end day was coming to a sour end, his amusement of the situation heighten by the buzz of the alcohol in his system.

Tanya sighed, followed Spencer as he stumbled through the kitchen in search of a glass of water. "I'm simply doing the right thing for the both of us," She mumbled, her hand reaching out to his shoulder to force him to face her. "I can't stick around and watch you build a life with some other woman."

"Guess this is goodbye." Spencer chuckled, too drunkenly honest, much to Tanya's dismay as he sipped on his water. "Resignation accepted," He shrugged, sitting the cup on the countertop and swerving around her.

"That's it?" Tanya scoffed at his brutal bluntness, stomping after the drunken athlete.

"What did you expect, Tee? Tears?" Spencer inquired. "Look, I'm tired. My head is pounding, and I gotta sleep off this hangover before my daughter calls me in the morning. You know where the exit is so you can show yourself out," He grunted, unruly continuing on his way out of the living room and on the path to his bedroom.

Tanya stood in his living room, sleething at his lack of empathy towards her feelings. She wasted years on this man believing that something might come of her patience, and she wasn't going to leave empty-handed now.

Letting her impulsive thoughts take over, she crossed a barrier she never thought possible, following a drunk Spencer to his bedroom and shutting the doors behind her.

------------------
6:50 A.M. Friday Morning

The next morning, Spencer awoke to the sound of his phone blaring Gigi's ringtone, so he turned over to reach for his phone on the nightstand. His body tensed under the unfamiliar touch of hands wrapped around his waist.

"What the hell?" He grumbled raspily, shoving the hands off his naked waist.

The body next to him stirred awake, revealing a naked Tanya as she forced her hair out of her face. "Good morning." She greeted with a satisfied grin on her face, her eyes scanning over to the cell phone still blaring on his nightstand. "Are you going to answer that?"

Blinking between himself and Tanya wrapped inside his sheets, his ears went deaf to everything as he tried to remember what transpired between him returning from his boys' night out to him getting home.