Pt 7

"I need to calm down. I need to calm down. I need to calm down. Calm down. Calm down. Calm down. CalmDown. CalmDown. CalmDown. CALM DOWN!" You repeat to yourself as you start panicking. Your body is shaking violently even though you're aren't cold. The room seems smaller and the doors seem bigger, the walls are caving in on you. You start scratching your neck and shoulder, letting yourself rub the skin raw. You look at the window.

"I need to get out. I need to be alone. Away. Gone." You think to yourself as you walk towards the window, opening it as quickly as you could. The air smells sweeter outside, like honey compared to motor oil. After putting on some of your tech armor and grabbing a small paper baggie from in a box in your closet. Taking a deep breath, you poorly climb up the fire escape to the roof. You can't fly because someone, maybe even Montana, might see you.

"Hey. Come here often?" You hear an energetic and sweet voice. It was that Michael kid. He's wearing a paint-stained pair of yellow and orange patterned sport shorts and a weird, partially ripped, 80s rock band hoodie. He seems to be drawing on a canvas to paint it later. You stare at him as he looks over at you, seeing the bandages and casts.

"Oh Mi Gosh! Are you okay?! You look awful!- Not that I think you're ugly. I think everyone is beautiful in their own ways, but, girl you look hurt!" He shouts before noticing your grimace at the loud noise of his shouting. He stops being loud and stands up, walking over to you.

"I'm fine... You're name is, Michael, right?" You ask in a soft yet monotone voice. You look out to the skyline, finally seeing how beautiful the cityscape is from your building. Your face is still plastered with pain, but the glare towards the world begins to fade.

"Donnie normally calls me that when he's mad... or sad... or tired... or happy... or- well yeah he calls me that, but you can also call me Mikey. Oh! My real name is Michelangelo though." You says quickly but in a quieter and softer tone. You nod at him as you walk over to the edge of the building, dangling your legs over as you sit down. He watched you move and was ready to jump and save you if you were going to jump.

"Alright then... Mikey..." You say softly as you try to pay attention to the scene in front of you, towards the horizon. His face softened as he continued sketching, now adding your silhouette to the canvas. You take a deep breath, feeling the pain of it against your injured rib cage. You grab the baggie out of your pocket and pull out a pre-rolled blunt and your lighter. Mikey didn't notice that you had anything until you light it, breathing a long puff from it.

"Why does it smell like skunk now?" Mikey asks, looking around. With your back turned to him, you raised your right hand, showing the lit blunt to him. He seems confused as you take another breath from it.

"What is that? Do all science people do that?" He asks as you choke on the smoke, trying not to laugh at the questions. He stares at the back of your head as you let your left hand rest in your lap, the cast rubbing against your pants.

"It's cannabis. Marijuana. A plant that you dry and roll in a small sheet of paper and smoke to make you feel good. Don't start smoking it though. It's not good for you. Also no, not all "science people" do it. Why'd you ask that specific question?" You  respond to his questions and ask your own between puffs in a very relaxed tone.

"It's just... Hmm... Donnie's lab always smells a little bit like that after he pulls all-nighters working." He says in an honest and confused manner. You take another couple breaths of the thick smoke, standing upright. You look over at him one more time before activating a part of your tech-armor, specifically the flying feature. You pull your mask on and jump off the roof. He squeals as you jump, having thought that you were just gonna fall. He closes his eyes, not wanting to be scared of the ideas that you just killed yourself in front of him.