Pt 24

"Oh, Yin Dearie! It's great to see you! I hope you're feeling splendid and are ready to work on a little project!" You and Baron physically cringed at Big Mama's singing of your arrival, showing her cartoonish mannerisms. Baron's eyes wandered to your frame, slowly backing away with a look of disgust towards Big Mama.

"I would be a liar if I said I was sorry for leaving you here, but I'm not. I really don't want to hear about your work while training you in later sessions, so don't tell me about your experience here. If you die or think you will, contact me ahead of time so I'll be able to reschedule a few appointments around your absence. I-" Baron cuts himself off, now standing at the door to leave Big Mama's establishment as he glares towards you. "Do you understand or hear what I'm saying?" He questioned.

"Yeah yeah, got it Barry. To check my list; Don't die without telling you, don't ever talk about work, don't assume that you're a liar. I think I got it." You simplified, raising a finger to count off each of your "rules". You hadn't even looked his way, causing him to subtly shrug at the conformation that you heard him. Big Mama was glaring at Baron as he left without another word.

"Ugh, I really hope he hasn't been too rude for you the past couple weeks, Dearie. Would you like something to eat or drink before we start discussing your first task?" Big Mama asked, sounding more considerate than she did when she... kidnapped you...

"Anything's an upgrade from being locked up in a room, then later chased by your favorite fighter... So, sure. Why the fuck not, bitch?" You think to yourself, gluing your gaze to the floor.

"What would you like?" You inquired, sounding rather monotone and bland. Compared to the time you'd spent with Baron, she was practically a stranger... one that kidnapped you, at that.

"Well, Dearie. I'd like you to make something that can keep up with my pace. A robot that can follow my lead, but also influence my movements. Something that could dance like no human I'll ever meet again." She chimed fondly, causing you to look up with wide eyes. You had been bamboozled, hoodwinked, flabbergasted, completely bewildered. In any wording or phrasing, you were dumbfounded in every way that she just wanted a dance partner.

"Really?... I could make a robotic model that can analyze every possible dance move combination and be able to copy or one up the moves. I think I could make the robot capable of doing it's own continuous coding and updating so that it could process its own commands and maintain its functionality. I can have it done pretty nicely, but I'll need some time to actually work on it..." You say, leaning against a wall as she nodded, excitedly spinning and motioning for you to follow her.

"Oh that's splendid! Take all the time you need. Oh, Yin Dearie. You're going to love your work station. I had some friends place some supplies and equipment of every kind in your little laboratory. Oh oh! Also, I had the closet in your room restocked. Everything should match your taste better now." As Big Mama spoke, her heels clicked on the ground, the tapping distracted you from her words more than they probably should have.

"And~ Here we are! Feel free to start anytime within the next six business days and keep me updated. I know it's a short timeframe to start the work on, but if you need more time, please let me know before my given deadline. Well, Yin Dearie, I must get to a meeting now. I'll be seeing you and soon sending you the much earned money." As her words flowed in one ear and out the other, you walked into the vaguely familiar room, seeing the same gold color scheme.

"Okay. Six days. Got it." You said, trying to ignore the sound of her heels clicking in the opposite direction now. You went to the "laboratory" and found a heavenly sight of technology and machinery.

"Oh my- oh sweet mother Mary- If I were a man, I'd say I just busted, bro- Wait that's absolutely disgusting... I just bust-" You cut off your own thoughts, running your fingers through your hair and enjoying the moment of exploring. You had soon gotten familiar with the technology, making two funny-ass bootleg Apple-Watches. You made them for Baron and Big Mama to contact you. Only you would be able to see their messages from your watch.

"Let's hope your a good business person, Princess." You say, addressing Big Mama in a shortened version of your early mockery towards her purple hue. You put the watches on the bedside table with a note explaining that you would show up tomorrow to start the robot and that it would be a good idea to give one of the watches to Baron. As you leave the room, you feel an odd sense of urgency. An urgency that somehow required you to rush outside.

"What the fuck am I doing?! Why am I practically running to the door?! Chill-the-fuck-out, bitch!" Your steps became slower, no longer running like before. As you made it to the exit of Big Mama's establishment, you heard some hustle and bustle of people gathering in a crowd. You pull up your hood, grabbing your mask out of your backpack. You had also grabbed your daggers and got ready to come up with a fake lie about how you got hurt again for your family.

"I'm telling you, I wasn't doing anything! I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else here of extremely low intelligence and high sensitivity!" Someone's voice boomed in the middle of the crowd. That voice was one of a kind... Maybe you shouldn't help. He's your rival. Plus, you love seeing dumb people get into fights that they can't win...

"Fuck... I saved your brother, I gotta save you."

"Oh really?! You try to steal from me, then you insult me?! Let's see what kinda scum I'm dealing with!" As you broke through the crowd, you see an angry, large, angry bird-man and a smaller man in a purple hoodie. It was certainly him. You could tell from the voice, but the hoodie? Yeah. That's the dork that you've kicked the shit out of plenty times. But was Donatello really here to steal something from a street vendor?

"I wasn't stealing! You were moving your cart and you bumped into me! Do you lack the basic understanding of the language we're currently using so much that you can't comprehend what I've been attempting to convey?!" The purple clad boy remarks, trying to back up a little bit. He was trying not to show his face, soon enough his face was inches away from that guy's fist.

"You little-" The man had been about to shout further, but was cut off by the feeling of the chain of your daggers around his wrist. He turned to look back at you with a glare until you placed your other hand around his neck, using your glove to shock him. As the once aggressive man falls to the ground, now unconscious, you tilt your head down, letting no one see under your hood.

"Why'd the chick get in the middle of it?! I wanted to see the criminal get his face pushed in!" A voice in the crowd shouted as you grabbed Donatello's hand and pulled him away from the scene. You heard his obnoxious objections as you took him to a different part of town, now somewhere that wasn't occupied.

"Who are you and why'd you help me? Not that I needed help, but why?" He asked, his voice carrying his over dramatic confidence and inflated ego. You pulled down your hood and took off your mask, showing your face. You were sure he'd be pissed, but it's better than lying... Right?

(Word count: 1350)