Pt 44

After Montana and Donatello soon became well acquainted, they began actually hanging out. Donnie told her that Leo was the reason for his injury and Montana explained that she misused some technology that you had left behind, which she thought was scary enough. You had freaked out while on call with her that day, almost crying when you heard her speak with shaky breaths about how much blood there was at first.

That issue was spoken of and soon enough, Donnie was allowed to stay in the disguise of "Dontae". When he finally went home, he and Leo pretended that it wasn't a big deal, pushing it off because that was easier than excepting it.

Week 51 rolled around quickly, with you having made no new friends and not enjoying time getting to know the school counselor. Your family, after much convincing your aunt, had made the decision to put your grandmother in a nursing home, to be cared for properly. She had been moved into the home faster than expected, and your family surprised you with the information that you were moving back home a week earlier than they said before. You were so happy, you almost hugged each of them.

There was such struggle, such disconnection, such

"MOTHER!"

"MAMA!"

"Fuck!" You woke yourself up in the car, accidentally shouting as a pain shot through your left hand and side. Oh yeah, another thing... You were having worse nightmares... It started off as little audio clips... Now it was audio, visual, and physical. You could feel the dreams... There were four kids that were unfamiliar. One looked like he could be the son of that Cassandra chick, one boy looked like a 10 year old son of Francis and Monty, the third boy looked like he could be your son, and the last one was a girl, who also looked like you.

"Y/n? Another bad dream?" You hear your sister ask as she peeked back at you from the driver's seat.

"How did you know about them?" You inquired skeptically, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Because you wake up screaming in the middle of the night or refuse sleep until you're so tired that you pass out randomly. Good enough answer?" She teased a little bit, smiling as you sigh.

"Yeah..."

"Also-" She paused for a second. "-Sorry. I could've sworn I saw your hand glowing for a second. Maybe I need some sleep too." She joked, dragging a scoff from you. You looked down at your hand, pulling your glove to better cover it.

"Yeah... You're losing it. And you talk too much." You said in a soft, yet arid manner.

"What was that? I talk too much? Have you heard yourself bringing up your "fun facts" after-" She coughed, not hushing herself to a whisper. "-taking your time with Mary Jane?-"

"Woah, little lady. Keep that to yourself like the first rule."

"First rule of what?" She asked, glancing back again, but only for a second.

"Can't say, because the first rule of the subject is to not talk about it." You retorted, trying to avert her attention from your hand of nightmares.

"Wait... Are you talking about Fight Club?"

"Ugh. Well now you've broken the rule. Congratulations, you fool." You joked around, suddenly hearing a ringing in your ears. It wasn't painful, but it bothered you for a little while as the drive continued... Maybe being around Monty again will make things a little better?... Maybe...

*Montana's POV brought to you by the big boss of hell himself*

I was getting ready for school with Nat, helping her put together her recent project, tying her shoes, that sort of thing. She suddenly seemed really worried about something, seeming overwhelmed by her thoughts as we walked.

"What is it, kiddo? Something on your mind?" I asked, feeling like I should be able to help.

"You've been screaming at night... Mom and Dad are worried and... I think they're right about you being in a-" Nat raised her hands to do air quotes. "-pretty bad place-" She lowered her hands. "-lately... I just want you to be okay... I mean... that weird boy staying at our place... the bad dreams... the weird clothes... the attempts at Cool Mama's attitude... I think you're expressed."

"I'm-" I pause and look at Nat, raising an eyebrow at how she noticed so much. Donnie staying over more often, my nightmares, how I'm more comfortable wearing things to match a casual goth aesthetic... "-Wait, do you mean depressed?" I ask as she shrugs and we continue toward the school. I had been able to help a lot of my friends get into the school in human disguises.

Raph: Fake name: Ray Xzavier Hamato. (Bro was creative with it)

Leo: Fake name: Liam Beyoncé Hamato. (Lol anything for you, Beyoncé)

Donnie: Fake name: Dontae Bishop Hamato. (He didn't pick the middle name)

Mikey: Fake name: Michael Angelo Hamato. (Bruh ain't even trying with that)

Once I dropped my sister at her school, I made my way to my own, seeing my classmates "Liam" and "Dontae" both being idiots and fighting as April tried to pull them away from each other.

"Guys, stop. You're lucky I don't beat both of you right now." She said, dragging them by the ear to our first class, seeming to have thankfully not noticed me. I made it to first period, seeing the teacher look unbelievably giddy. She was new this year, but it didn't seem to too great of a day, so she was definitely excited for a reason. I had first and third period classes with "Dontae", who was now looking at me with a confused expression. The teacher left for a short time, but we took the opportunity to yap to each other.

"Did you see how she was acting?"

"I know, right? She's either up to something, or her job is just before the point of Ya know what? These kids suck. You know?" He said with little emotion. We talked among our classmates for a few minutes before hearing the teacher scurry down the hall, seeming to be looking for someone. Suddenly we heard someone open the door, who wasn't our teacher. The person was definitely well-built, but they had their hood up and soon stood in front of Donnie's desk.

"You're in my spot." The voice was familiar. I knew it had to be her. I jumped up, hugging her without warning as Timothy stared from his seat at Donnie's other side. Y/n accepted the hug uncharacteristically and we started off our fun conversation about school and being together again. Donnie soon "forced" Timothy to move to the front of the class (Timothy moved willingly) so he could stay in the back row with me and Y/n.

We went back towards my house, dropping Nat off before going to the rooftops together. Oddly, she had seems to be acting like she was more lost in her head as Donnie tried to talk to her. We sat on the rooftop of an old tech-company and talked for a while, mostly me to Donnie with a few comments from Y/n, which was still really weird.

"-And then I had to tell April where he was because apparently Raph thought he got kidnapped or something." I finished up my story as Donnie shook his head in disbelief of my behavior. Y/n started into the void as I laughed and Donnie tried to let out some sort of uncomfortable laugh.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Donnie asked, trying to reach towards her as she stood and turned towards the center of the roof. She seemed to just be tired, but it seemed like I was wrong as she suddenly fell, looking like a limp doll.

"Y/N!"

"Y/N!"

"Y/N!"

"YIN!"

(Word count: 1315)