Pt 39

As you thanked your rival... and friend, you heard someone opening a portal. It was obvious who it was. You quickly left, hearing a mumble about your hands as you hurried home. You got back through the window and cleaned your hands, seeing that Celsa and Faren were still with Montana. It had been a while since you'd last saw them. It felt odd- nay, very odd to only be in contact with them through Montana.

"I hope no one noticed I was still-" You opened your door, hands wrapped in towels as you tried to go towards the bathroom so you could shower off the blood.

"-Y/n... We need to talk. You only have about thirty minutes before our parents get back and-" Montana paused, staring at your glowing, bloody hands. She had already seen too much not to tell her the truth. "Yin... What happened?" She asked slowly as you looked at the ground, feeling guilty.

"I beat the fuck outta four dudes at work... and almost strangled Donatello too..." You admitted, feeling her hand on your shoulder. Ignoring your own discomfort, you glance up to look her in the eyes as she tried to understand what happened.

"What do you mean? Who did you beat up? And what's wrong with your hands?" She asked, tears of sympathy forming in her eyes.

"Is... Is this why you've been wearing gloves all the time?..." Montana's voice sounded broken, like she thought you didn't trust her anymore... It was almost painful to hear that tone in her voice.

"Monty... I started seeing glowing cracks in my skin after using a pair of stolen mystic daggers. After using them for the first time, they showed up and I started... having nightmares that I could only hear... I... I'm not normal anymore... I was never normal, but now it's worse..." You said, thinking back to the first man you'd fought in the Battle Nexus... That guy named "Tiger Claw"...

"The first man I fought, I had no choice... Big Mama said I needed to, and she's been threatening to kill you and everyone I love ever since my escape. I... I killed my first opponent and everyone there knows that... I just almost beat three teenage boys half to death in my second fight... Francis was supposed to fight them, and probably just teach them a lesson... But I was still angry at myself and I beat the shit outta a guard too... I'm sorry... This is too much for anyone to deal with... especially just for a shitty friend like me..." You said, looking down at your hands, which were now shaking.

"Y/n, you're not a friend-" Montana immediately hugged you, not seeming deterred by your admission of violence. "-you're family. I understand that you had to do that the first fight... I'm sorry that this has been weighing on you for long enough to hurt those boys and guard... You're okay though, right? The cracks don't burn or sting?" She began to go back to her motherly worries.

"I'm okay... Thank you." You say, cracking a small smile. She blinked a few times, staring at your hair. You realize that she was finally thinking about your poor chop-job.

"Oh, and about the hair... Uh... I uh... Got a haircut?" You tried to convince her and yourself, shrugging as she motioned for you to follow her towards your bathroom so she could clean your hands properly. Montana moved slowly, grabbing a first aid kit and getting to work. You looked away from her, unable to look her in the eyes as she disinfected your busted knuckles.

Hearing her soft sigh, you sit on the counter, next to your sink as she grabbed some bandages and a pair of gloves for after you shower. Her face held a lot of worry, noticing some blood on your neck, arm, and some on your feet, after you took your shoes off. She motioned to the bloody socks, the splatter on your bicep, and the small amount on your neck, lining your sternocleidomastoid.

"It's not mine, so... Uh... I'm definitely burning these socks..." You said, smirking as she groaned, sounding plenty disappointed.

"... Y/n... You're leaving... Right?" She asked, ignoring your other words as she focused in on grabbing you a towel and throwing your socks in a bag so that you could burn it later.

"I... Yeah... I didn't know how to tell you, which is weird because I know, like... everything?" You said, trying to sound cocky as she looked up at you tiredly. Sighing and sliding off the counter, you went to turn on the shower to your preferred temperature. Montana didn't take her eyes off of you, watching the water start pouring. With another sound of exhaustion, she turned to leave, causing you to grab her shoulder and pull her into a hug.

"I'm sorry... I should have found the words to tell you... I don't know why I didn't..." You said, holding her tightly as she sniffled her tears back, trying not to cry against your chest right now. You smiled as she tried to mumble something, soon earning a muffled incoherent words and a soft groan before she pulled back.

"I'm sorry, I can't talk with your chest in my face-" She began, earning the interruption of your laughter. "-Yeah yeah, so funny." She said, starting to giggle as well. It was nice to have told her... but how do you tell your rival?

"Monty..."

"Yeah?"

"I need to tell Donatello... How... How am I supposed to do that?..." You inquired hesitantly, nervously tapping your hands together. With wide eyes, she gasped, realizing that you were leaving and she still hasn't seen you act a fool and kiss him first hand.

"Y/n! You can give him the cologne you wear! Let him keep your hoodie and let him know you'll be back soon! Your mom gave me that advice for if I ever liked anyone." She smiled, watching as your face became more emotionless and cartoonish.

"Say "sike" right now."  You demanded, pouting with an overdramatic glare. She laughed and rushed to your room, rummaging around for something, but you didn't bother to even ask. You just closed and locked the bathroom door, jumping into the nice trickling water.

"If I do tell him... I sure hope he cares..."

(Word count: 1067)