My Hailey;Chapter 25

Tyler’s POV

The time passed by quickly and it was already quarter to 5. I still haven’t told Peyton about leaving the shop earlier because the shop was just filled with customers.

I didn’t have the chance to talk to Peyton, including our relationship. It was just too damn busy.

I worked extra, extra hard today because I’ll be leaving soon. Peyton might think that I’m not serious about my job, but I AM! It’s just that, Hailey’s here. I have to tell her my reason and explain everything to her.

Finally, I had the chance to have a short chat with Peyton. I called for her name and she looked at me, smiling.

I went by the kitchen and made an action signaling for her to follow. She understood and went inside with me.

“What’s up?” Peyton asked, looking tired.

“Can I have—“ She didn’t let me finish and she asked, “Is this about leaving earlier?”

I was surprised that she knew. I nodded.

“Okay, sure.” Peyton smiled and walked back to the door.

“Wait,” I said.

“Is there a problem?” Closing the door again.

“Will you not ask about why I’ll leave earlier?”

Peyton shook her head. “Should I?”

“No,” I thought of a reason why she should ask anyway and in the end, I decided to say, “Never mind.”

5 minutes till 5 o’clock. I left the coffee shop and went to the park as fast as I can. I don’t want to be late to any meetings or arrangements. Especially the ones I made.

I ran, but didn’t sweat that much. After a few minutes, I arrived at the park. It still looks the same. Same as the last time I visited the park. Nothing has changed. The air was still fresh. The atmosphere is still cool. Everything is still great.

Children were running around, looking very happy and satisfied with life. Parents were chatting and having fun at the same time. Teens must have left their gadgets in their houses because they are having fun too.

During that time I only realized how beautiful the sky is. It was almost dark, but not very dark. Lights were turned on which made the environment livelier and better.

It wasn’t that difficult to find Hailey. She was just sitting at a bench near the children playing tag. She was looking at them with a hint of smile upon her face. She laughed a little probably because of their cuteness. Suddenly, her smile disappeared and a new emotion appeared upon her face. She looked at the children, but obviously not thinking about them.

She must be thinking about the past. I told myself and sat beside her.

“Hey,” I greeted.

“Hey,” She greeted back.

“Is something wrong?” I asked, worried.

“No, everything’s fine.” Hailey smiled and focused on me this time.

She sat straight and moved her body towards me. She smiled, ready to throw billions of questions to me.

“How are you?” Hailey asked. I felt her worriedness and my heart pounded. Her eyes stared at me. Looking through my spirit. I felt her mind inside me. I will tell her the truth. I don’t want to hurt her anymore. No more hurting anyone. Especially her.

I told her the whole thing. The lying. The pretending. Peyton. Working at the coffee shop and all. As I told her my story, she just nodded and smiled from time to time.

Her body stiffened when I told her about my relationship with Peyton, but I quickly told her that I’m uncertain with it because we’re not yet official.

She was patient. She understood how I feel. She didn’t judge me with what I did. That’s why I like her so much, my best friend.

After telling her everything she was speechless. About a minute has passed before she said, “Wow, I can’t believe you did all of that by yourself.”

I nodded humbly.

“Great job Seth, I mean, Tyler.” She said as she patted my back.

“Won’t you tell Peyton about your past?” Hailey asked.

“I’m not yet sure. I don’t want to hurt her and I don’t’ want her to be mad or anything. “ I admitted to her.

“If you’re not gonna tell her about this earlier then it’ll be much more painful for her.” Hailey said.

“I know. I’ll try to tell her about it as soon as I can.” I replied.

We were quiet for a while. I looked at her and she was already looking at me.

I felt my heart pounding inside my chest. It hurts, but it feels good. My heart was pounding loudly, loud enough for me to hear it.

My body moved itself. I didn’t know what I was doing. I was just moving with my senses on. I leaned closer to Hailey, not sure what will happen next. I looked at her in the eyes then to her lips. She looked at me too and looked at my lips too. She then closed her eyes.  Our faces slowly moved closer, closer and closer. Soon we were close enough to feel each other’s breathing. I caught scent of her hair and she smelled good. I closed my eyes and made my final move.