Birthday Surpise

"Happy Birthday Mirabel!" Was shouted at her the second she opened the door. Mirabel jumped and looked at her family in shock. She hadn't expected anything from her own parents, much less her aunt and uncle. She burst in to tears, the warm side of her family had come through. She couldn't help her tears as they flowed down her face and landed on her dress. She would have to make a new one soon, this one was getting to small. Camilo walked over and pulled her into a hug trying to comfort her. "We didn't mean to make you upset Mirabel. We thought you'd like to celebrate with us. We can scrap the party if you want though, we just want you to be happy." Mirabel smiles at him through her tears, taking his face in her hands. "Thank you Cami, you are the best cousin." Camilo smiled, before pushing her gently towards his parents. Mirabel shrunk into her self expecting to be yelled at. Pepa and Felix pull her into a hug before pulling out a piece of paper, "Mirabel, we should never have ignored you. Our only defense is that we were worried about our children, but you are our sobrina and we should have noticed you needed us. We managed to get Julieta and Agustin to sign this. If you agree you'll be ours, and we would never cause you to feel left out." Mirabel looks at her family, for the first time in years actually hoping it could be real. Unable to speak she merely nods, but that's enough. Camilo and Dolores both envelop her in a hug, Antonio jumping onto her as well. She was happy, she had a family that cared, even if they weren't quite perfect, they were hers.