Sooo... There is a party right?

Mirabel sat on her bed and finished sewing up a shirt that had been ripped. She shrugged it off as she started on an old blanket. The blanket was green with hourglasses on it, she had been using it for years. It reminded her of her tio Bruno. He was the best tio, always there to tell her stories and make her laugh. She loved when he was with her, but he had left. She knew it was because of her, it was always her fault. Still she kept sewing, knowing she had to keep busy.
————————(^*^—————————
Camilo sat with his family and planned, they were going to throw a party for Mira. It wouldn't be easy, but it would be done. Of course, when someone decides to do something everything gets in the way. None of them knew how to bake, and they couldn't get a custom dress done in one day. They didn't have time to actually decorate or get the jewelry on such short notice. Really they didn't know how to do it all. Dolores was the first to speak, "I can bake the cake, I listen to Tia Julieta all the time. Papa, you get the dress, use mama's and get it sized down for her. Camilo, you and Antonio are on Jewelry duty, and after that invite the villagers, specifically Jorge and the younger kids. I'm not entirely sure on the other villagers." Everyone nodded and set to work, meanwhile a sad looking man sat watching them hoping they could help his sobrina.