CHAPTER 3: THE VILLAIN

Lila's POV

They say a leopard cannot change its spots.

Why would it need to do that? After all, that's what makes it unique.

You could say I'm Lila, pathological liar and manipulating mastermind, but I'm more than that. I do not allow anyone to get in the way of whatever I want, whenever I want.

And what do I want? To see Marinette Dupain-Cheng suffer.

Ever since I joined that school, Marinette never made it easy for me. She stole Adrien away from me, exposed me and got me expelled.

And I will make her pay.

A world with Marinette suffering while I rule the school.... what's not to love?

And I have just what I need to achieve my goal.

I fondle the brooch I had gotten from the sewer drain from Gabriel's mansion. I studied his drainage and got the miraculous from the outlet. It's funny how sad that man was behind his mean exterior. I mean, chasing after jewelry just to resurrect his dead wife? Only for him to take her place?

Soon enough, a ball of purple light appeared from the moth brooch, revealing a small butterfly-like thing?

"I'm finally free!" the thing yelled. Oh I almost felt sorry for it. Almost.

"Not on my own terms," I smirk it turns to face me, his face turning from joy to fear. "Now, tell me. What are you? Why are you in my brooch and how do I get my powers?"

The small thing sighed and began his story:

"My name is Nooroo, and I'm the kwami of transmission. Many centuries ago, magic jewels bestowing extraordinary powers were created. These were... the . Throughout history, heroes have used these jewels for the good of the human race. Two of these Miraculous are more powerful than the others; the , which provide the power of creation; and the , which grants the power of destruction. According to legend, whoever controls both these jewels at the same time, will achieve absolute power."

The desire for this absolute power is overwhelming, but I already know all these facts. "I know all these facts, you rat! What does this miraculous do?"

"The Moth Brooch allows you to give someone their own superpowers and to make that person your devoted follower!" Nooroo answers humbly. I mean, he has no choice. He's under my control now.

As I fondle the brooch once more, a spark of electricity appears over my shoulders. I scream, but I calm down as the light doesn't harm me.

Miss Rossi.

I peer in the light to see.... "Mr. Agreste?"

"I know what you want to do..... believe me I was once like you. However, you need not use this miraculous for evil," the said man says. "The miraculous should be used for the greater good, a lesson I should've learnt before my demise. I therefore implore that you do not go down this path. It only leads to chaos."

"That's all I need to hear. Nooroo, dark wings rise!" I say as I feel powerful magic wash over me. A purple staff is now in my hand as I look around the room to see millions of butterflies around me. Well that's aesthetic. 

Gabriel sighs behind me and he fizzles out with his lightning balls. "Oh well, at least I warned you." And like that he was gone.

I go to the nearest mirror to look at my outfit. My clothes are replaced with a dark grey blazer with purple outlines. My face looks dark and smoky that I almost can't recognize myself. However, I have a dark purple mask on my face to cover my eyes.

Dang... I look better than when I was Volpina.

I want to akumatised someone right away. But I stop and have a better idea in mind.

Why don't I start on the day it began...?

Hey guys! Antho here! How has the book been so far? What do you think Lila meant by what she said? What would she do? Who would she akumatize first?

The only way to find out is to read! :)

Don't forget to comment and vote.

And remember, keep shining, keep smiling! 

~Antho