CHAPTER 14: THE DROP

A/N

So this chapter is..... dark.

Read at your own discretion

Toodles! :)

----------------------

Max's POV

I have 100% confirmed that Kim is the worst partner to work with.

"Kim, focus! We need to understand the book," I groaned again as Kim lost interest and began scrolling through Netflix.

Of all literature we were to be given, we somehow ended up with one of the hardest aspects of it: a Shakespearean play. And of all of them, we were given a Midsummer Night's Dream, with an easy reading level of 27% statistically speaking, meaning that if we don't put in effort into this project, we're toast.

Well I'm toast. I cannot afford my GPA going down by even 0.1, due to reasons I will not mention, and I cannot afford getting second place to anyone, because that would be a disaster.

"Come on Max," the meathead groaned. "We can always do the book report later. Besides, we can always copy off the answers to the questions from Google!"

"Kim, while I appreciate you for trying to make our work less tedious, I am afraid we cannot. We are to use our own words, meaning that Ms. Candice would probably do enough research to see our work would not be original. Kim? Kim are you even listening to me?" I asked in frustration as I watch him fiddle with his phone. After a few seconds he begins to leave.

"Where do you think you are going?" I ask annoyed.

"I've got swimming practice, bro! And a date.... with Odine!" Kim grins.

"But the project! This is due on Monday and today is Saturday!" I protest

"Just do my share of the project for me. At the end we'll get the same mark won't we?" he grins before trying to make his way out.

"Oh no! Not this time! I will not be doing this alone!" I say angrily.

"And will you want to risk your grades just because I don't want to do it?" Kim smirks, towering over me. I fall silent. "Exactly, you do our project for us and I'll read it through before Monday, got it?" he says before pushing me aside and walking out the door. "And oh, I borrowed your math note to read for our maths quiz this week, bye!"

I sighed in defeat as Markov and Kaalki floated to my face.

"Are you okay, dear master?" Kaalki asks worriedly

"I'm fine, Kaalki. I'm just stressed," I sigh again.

"Who is this Kaalki you are speaking of Max?" Markov asks curiously, making me laugh.

"Kaalki is a kwami, Markov. Meaning you cannot see or hear her," I explain before turning to Kaalki. "Do you know anything about Shakespearean fiction, Kaalki?"

"Oh I love Shakespearean fiction!" squealed the little horse-like kwami. "My past holder loved reading plays! Romance, tragedy! Romeo and Juliet, The Tempest, Othello....."

"How about A Midsummer Night's Dream?" I ask hopefully.

"Midsummer Night's Dream?" she repeated confused. "I never heard of that one."

I groan again, burying my book into my hands.

...

"I know you guys were expecting a quiz today," started Mr. Richard. "However, I've noticed that most of you do not have complete notes. Since we have had ten classes so far, I will be assessing your notes as part of your GPA," he smiles wickedly.