CHAPTER 1O: THE RESULTS

Mari's POV

"....since every common logarithm can use this method, other logarithms cannot because it would be completely dfferent and the economy of common logarithms would be lost," Monsieur Richard went on. "However, using antilogarithm rule of common index, we can conclude that the multiplicative powers of 2, 5 and 7 will enable an inverse relationship with the logarithm to base 10. Let's take some examples..."

Almost everyone in the cass groaned, save for Adrien and Max, who were engrossed with what the teacher was saying and took notes for the rest of the class. I instantly zone out and imagine how Adrien's party is gonna be, with all the cake, decorations and the gifts...

The gift!

I don't have a gift for Adrien!

Alya notices my sudden expression and gets on her phone. Soon enough, I feel my phone buzz and I open it to find a text from her.

A- What's got you so antsy today?

M- I don't have a birthday gift for Adrien!

A- Girl, you have like, 57 gifts for his next upcoming birthdays, chillax.

I blush, remembering my obsessive actions

M- Erm.... I may or may not have thrown them out after the whole stolen miraculous saga.

"YOU WHAT?!" Alya screamed.

"Ms. Cesaire, yelling will not be tolerated in my class. Detention for you after school!" he says, strictly.

Oh no. Alya's gonna miss the party.

"Excuse me sir," Adrien raises his hand. "Please can Alya be excused for today? You know she'll never do such a thing! Besides, she needs to not have detention today sir."

The teacher looks at Adrien sternly.

"And why is that, Monsieur Agreste?"

Adrien scratches his neck nervously.

"Alya is one of my best friends, sir. And I'm having huge birthday party today. Her being there would really make my day," he pleaded.

"In as much as I admire your courage, Adrien; Ms. Cesaire should remember that she's in a learning institution!"

"Don't worry, Adrien. Forget about me," Alya says, but Adrien does not budge.

"Sir, please! We'll do anything; won't we guys?" he says, looking back at the class.

There are shouts of approval as well as nods of agreement in the room.

Mr. Richard huffs, "Fine! Only on one condition.... A pop quiz!"

THe entire class groans.

...

"My GPA is gonna go down after this quiz for sure," Nino sighs as we sit down at our lunch table.

"Same," groan Adrien

A file is immediately sent to the group chat

Grade 10- GPA.xl

Alya clicks it open.

"OMG Guys, bi-weekly results are out! And apparently, our pop quiz is included!" Alya wails.

I open the file and see the results:

BI-Weekly Result Placement for Grade 10
1st- Max Kante:
4.94
2nd- Adrien Agreste: 4.54
3rd- Marinette Dupain-Cheng: 4.03
4th- Alya Cesaire: 3.93
5th- Alix Kudbel: 3.85
6th- Juleka Coffaine: 3.77
7th- Iris Verdi: 3.76
8th- Nino Lahiffe: 3.64
9th- Rose Lavillant: 3.63
10th- Sabrina Raincomprixx : 3.59
11th-Mylenne Harprelle: 3.55
12th-Nathaniel Kurtzburg: 3.51
13th- Kim Le Chien: 3.01
14th- Ivan Bruel: 2.97

"I'm in third place!" I whoop, happily.

"Dang, Max! A 4.94?!" Nino says as he pats his back.

"What did the new girl score?" asked Kim

Alya peered at her phone screen. "3.74"

Dang. That's quite impressive.

"That's better than you, meathead! You had 3.01! You barely passed!" teased Alix.

"Hey!! If anyone's a meathead, it's Ivan!" laughed Kim. "Bro had a 2.97!"

"That's rude, Kim!" Mylene says as she cuddles Ivan, who is close to tears.

"Hey! I'm just spitting facts! I never asked him to be a dumbhead!" Kim says.

"That's rich coming from the guy who is almost at dumb as him. Don't act as if Max doesn't allow you to copy off some of his test and homework answers! If anything, you should be in last place!" says Alya

"Let's calm down guys," I said, getting increasingly worried. It's situations like this that cause people to get akumatised.

Lila's POV

Exactly what I need.

I run to the abandoned janitor's closet down the hallway beside the boiler room.

"What hurts worse than the feeling of failure," I smirk as I turn to Nooroo.

"Nooroo, Dark wings rise!" and with flutter of wings and washing of magic, Lady Papilon takes my place.

I grab a butterfly and akumatize it. "Fly away, my akuma; and fuel his anger to our advantage!"

Mari's POV

"Chat, duck!" I yell as Chat Noir barely dodges being hit by a bus.

Thanks to Kim, Ivan was akumatised into stone heart once again.

What's new?

Laser eyes that transform people into phones.

How creative, Lady Papillon.

We continue fighting while I get increasingly frustrated .The time I have to buy Adrien's gift is what I'm wasting to fight off this akuma.

But that time has to be sacrificed.

"For the safety of Paris," I mutter.

"Lucky charm!" I exclaim, throwing my yo-yo in the air. Within seconds, a jack-in-the-box lands at my feet.

"I really appreciate the present, M'Lady. But I'm too old for a jack-in-the-box. Especially when I'm turning 16 today."

"Hold up, today is your birthday? I never knew," I said, feeling bad. "Happy birthday!"

"Not so happy now that LittleMiss Butterfly is ruining all my plans," he chuckles. "But it's cool. Getting her miraculous would be an awesome birthday gift. Any ideas on how to use that lucky charm?"

I look around and only the lucky charm comes to view. "I have an idea," I say as I begin to wind the box. I set the bos on the ground and get Ivan distracted. When the jack bursts out, he loses his balance and falls down. Immediately, Chat aims for the ground and a huge hole appears, causing Stone Heart to fall into it. With his hand wide open, Chat uses his staff and chucks out the dark phone. I grab it and smash it onto the foor, freeing the akuma.

"No more evil doing for you, little akuma," I say, grabbing my yo-yo, swinging it into the air. "Time to de-evilise! Gotcha!"

I release the butterfly and use my miraculous ladybugs to reverse the damage. Thanks to gaining adult powers, I don't transform back, so we decide to go to Andre's ans buy ice cream for ourselves.

"So, my bi-weekly test results came out today," I say cooly.

"Really, same!" he says amused. "Where did you place?"

"I ranked 3rd," I cuckled. "What about you?"

"I ranked 2nd,"he says, flipping his hair.

"Second?!" I repeat wide-eyed. "Who knew a flirty cat could be so smart?" I tease

"You don't know much about my civilian life, Ladybug," he smirks. "Behind the mask, I may even be smarter than you."

"Okay, okay, Einstein! We get it, you're a genius" I say, rolling my eyes while he laughs