CHAPTER 16: THE NIGHTMARES

Months later....

Mari's POV

Dear Diary,

It's been quite a while since I wrote in this thing. Ever since I began high school, I never had time to do any free activities as well as design and sew, unless it is school related.

A lot has gone down this past months.

Ever since Max had revealed that he was being abused by his dad for his grades, Mr. Kante had earned a court trial and a jail term.

The akuma attacks have been more frequent and more heinous, coming at the most unpredictable times, which really messes up my sleep schedule. I mean, why would a villain be akumatised by 3 in the morning? Doesn't Little Miss Flap-Flap have better things to do?

Adrien and I have gone on several dates, picnics and events together, earning us the couple of the year last Christmas.

We're reaching the end of the academic year though. It's already May and finals are coming up very soon. Ever since Max has been discharged from the hospital, he's gained much ground over the months, but always falls behind Adrien who has topped the class since then.

Meanwhile, I am stuck right where I started: third with utmost stagnation.

At least I now have a 4.63 GPA last time I checked.

All I need to do is put extra effort in my finals and I'm getting the internship!

Audrey Bourgeois, here I come.

Chloe would be there too, and maybe I can talk to her about changing for the better.

Now that her entire empire has fallen she'd listen right?

On other news, Kim and Max made up too, and it seems like Max's akumatisation has really done wonders on him, as he has began doing things by himself.

Meanwhile, the new girl has been getting tad bit close to Adrien nowadays, getting more irritating by the minute. She's got her arms latched over him everyday whenever she has the chance, as is she's trying to steal him away from me!

Excuse you, he has a boyfriend! ME!!!!

She reminds me like a certain liar. Had I known better, I'd say it was her.

Anyways, I've done my best so far and I'm going to school tomorrow, so I need to get some sleep. Au revoir.

XOXO,

Marinette

...

"Marinette....."

I come face to face with the former villain of Paris.

"You again? How many times have you disturbed me this week? This is the fourth time, and tommorow's Friday," I ask annoyed

"You need to get the miraculous," he says calmly.

"Oh really," I gasp dramatically. "I hadn't realised. Thanks for notifying me," I say rollinng my eyes.

"Get the miraculous, my child. Or you will lose Adrien."

Adrien?

"Adrien? What does it have to do with him?" I ask.

"Get the miraculous!" he says as he begins to multiply more and more, chanting the same thing

"GET THE MIRACULOUS!"

"Enough! Tikki, Spots on!" I call, wanting to get away from here. I close my eyes and wait for the adrenaline to fill my veins, but I feel nothing. I open my eyes and discover that I'm still Marinette.

"Tikki, Spots on!"

Nothing.

I become worried and reach for my earings, but discover that only the ear piercings remain.

"Tikki?! What did you do to her?" I ask furiously, only for them to shrug

"I believe that I have them"

I turn again to meet Lady Papillon smirking evilly.

"And with the Cat Miraculous, I can finally make my wish!" she cackles.'

"No! Not again!" I scream, but she had already summoned Gimmi, making it impossible to access her.

Before the wish is made, Lady Papillon and Gabriel look at me an dsay the same thing.

"It's all your fault."

"NO!" I yell into the night. I begin to sob uncontrollably, with Tikki floating to my side.

"Marinette, what happened?"

I begin telling her what happened and when I ended, I continued crying.

"I honestly don't know what's happening," I cry out. "These nightmares have become more and more occurring in my sleep. Four good times, Tikki! And now, he's telling me I'll lose Adrien. I can't lose Adrien...."

"Oh Marinette," the little kwami hugged me sympathetically as I cried harder. She went to my desk and brought me a ttissue, one which I gratefully accepted.

"Don't worry, Marinette. Everything will be fine. Besides, that's all in your head! The Adrien I know will never leave you!" Tikki says before zooming over to me. "Besides, even if he did, you've got Chat Noir, Alya, your parents... you've got me!"

I manage to chuckle as I hug Tikki. "What would I do without you?"

"Not be Ladybug."

I chuckle as I smile at her. "Touche."